Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Selling Car To Trickster?

Kes

Decided to sell my Aristo; wrote advert to Autotrader website, as well my telephone number and email. On next day I got email from the guy who was interested in my car. I sent more pictures. Got stange email back:

Thanks soo much for the mail and yea just to let you know that i am not in the position to make call right now cos my phone does not have the permit to make a long distnace call neither to recive any international call.So you dont need to worry once we conclude on everything i will locate

a local pay phone station to give you a call.But am really okay with the details i got from the web site and its really my taste.

As to the question i will like to ask u here are the question .

(1) What is the present condition of the Engine ?

(2) How many miles has the car done ?

(3) What is the cindition of the Shock Absover ?

(4) What is the condition of the tires ?

(5) What is the condition of the Radiator,top Jasket.

(6) Is it a factory fited A/C or not ?

(7) How does the documentation of the car look like ?

(8) What is the condition of the Brake Pad ?

Really just to let you know that as for the payment,i will be paying with a Certified Bank Draft drawn from a local bank in United Kingdom and as for the shipping i will handle that myself by contacting my international shipping agent to really handle that for me.Also can you help me send more pics of it if you can and if not you dont need to worry yourself . Really I based in Lusemburg a country the near Belgium were i work as a Minner but originally from Wales(Dad if from Wales and mum from Oslo Noway).As for the price i will want you to let me know the last price so that the payment can be sorted out with u as soon as possible.

I didn't write back. Strange questions from guy. His name desmond brown. I think he might be cheating. No money, no Aristo. Few days later got another email:

Hello,

I am Mr.Simon Poole, i saw your advert on the web and i am very much interested in buying the Car if it's still available for sale.

The payment will be inform of a UK banker's draft drawn from a Uk bank,so if you still have it for sale and you are okay with my payment method i will want you to get back to me with,(1) present condition of the car,

(2)the asking price and if you have another pics apart from the one on the web.

Thanks and you can reach me on this number 07045709825

I'll be looking forward to your response.

Simon. I live in Bern,Switzerland.

The same style, didn't answer. 2 or 3 days later got 1 more email:

Thanks soo much for the e-mail and yeah just to let you know that i'm not in the position to make calls at the moment because my phone dont have the permit to make an international call.So you don't need to worry yourself,once we conclude on everything i will locate a local pay phone station to give you a call.But am really okay with the details i got from the web site and its really my taste.

Really just to let you know that as for the payment,i will be paying with a Certified Bank Draft drawn from a local bank in the United Kingdom,regards shippment i'll handle that myself by contacting my international shipping agent so that they can handle that for me.

Registered as new in the uk ?

Model ?

Body Type ?

Taxation Class ?

Cylinder Capacity (cc) ?

Type of fuel ?

Wheelplan ?

Colour ?

M.O.T. ?

Test Number ?

Expiry Date ?

Road Tax ?

Also can you help me send more pictures of it and how much is your last asking price ?

We are based in Lanzarote here in Spain and i speak spanish were work in the construction business as a dispatcher but originally from Wales (Dad if from Wale and mum from Lanzarote Spain).As for the price i will want you to let me know the last price so that the payment can be sent,i'm really eager and wanting to buy itfrom you because my wife has been dying to get one ever since i sold my old one.

If you are okay with me,then you can mail me back and let us conclude on

everything today and i'm buying it because my wife needs one so get back to

me as soon as possible.

Thanks soo much.

Clive Dent

One more faker? Does anybody understand whats going on ? Thanks to everyone!

Kes

Ok, I think the same.

How scam looks like? What way scammers will get my car without paying? Fake bankers drafts?

They never QUITE get the grammar/language right, do they?

My first ever eBay situation involved someone trying to sell speakers that, of course, they didn't have!

It's a jungle out there it seems. Just get cash in hand before even THINKING of handing over keys! (And don't forget that time when someone actually stole a car from someone by force! Have a big friend with you!)

I suspect it is a common con of either:

1. Get goods with counterfit Bankers draft.

2. Money laundering (pay you more than the car is worth but ask you in the final deal for cash back).

3. Trying to obtain your return e-mail so they can spam off it or see if they can hack through your password.

4. Obtaining your e-mail information so they can sell or claim to sell product using your identity (only you don't get the money - just all the hassel).

My recommendation is NOT to respond to this type of e-mail and do NOT click on any web-link they may include in their e-mail (as this can up-load spyware, etc to your PC).

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links