Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What are the specs/sizes for the MK4 LS400 wheels?

Reason I ask is I'm interested in a set of alloys with the following spec:

16x7.5JJ Stud5 PCD114.3 ET50

I'd only be interested in them, should they match and I could fit the standard 225/60/16 tyres.

The non-DHP alloy wheels with the 5 hole design are 16 x 7JJ. I have just checked the stamping on a brand new Mk4 alloy wheel sitting under my bed and on the inside the stamping reads "16 x 7JJ 45". (Not sure that the 45 means).

Not sure if the 225/60/16 tyre will fit on to a 16 x 7.5 JJ rim. There are lots of guys on here with greater knowledge than myself on tyres/wheel issues who maybe able to advise.

Thanks

The non-DHP alloy wheels with the 5 hole design are 16 x 7JJ. I have just checked the stamping on a brand new Mk4 alloy wheel sitting under my bed and on the inside the stamping reads "16 x 7JJ 45". (Not sure that the 45 means).

Not sure if the 225/60/16 tyre will fit on to a 16 x 7.5 JJ rim. There are lots of guys on here with greater knowledge than myself on tyres/wheel issues who maybe able to advise.

Thanks

Thanks for the info GF

Hi N55GUS,

What are the rims you have from originaly?

18" rims didn't appear on the LS untill at least the MK3, maybe even MK4.

Will still fit though. I have 18 x 8 with 235 x 35 tyres and they barely cover the edge of the rim hence lots of curbing.

To keep the rolling radius correct you need a tyre similar to mine, with 18 x 7 you should have enough tyre protrusion to protect the rim too.

Don't forget though, you are going to loose ride quality going from 16 to 18's... looks good though!

Alex, Many thanks for the speedy reply.

I currently have 225/60 ZR 16 tyres on very badly corroded original rims. I managed to pick up 5 Lexus alloys ( 18-7 JJ 35) cheaper than it would have cost me to refurb the old rims, but now I need to make sure I put the correct tyres on.

Just to re-cap I have a 1995 Mk 2LS, and I am not sure if the Lexus parts guy told me 255/35-18, however that was 18 months ago and I have a short memory :D

I only travel about 7K per annum so i am not worried if a harder ride, it's just important that the car drives safely and nothing catches anywhere.

Regards Gus

Hi N55GUS,

What are the rims you have from originaly?

18" rims didn't appear on the LS untill at least the MK3, maybe even MK4.

Will still fit though. I have 18 x 8 with 235 x 35 tyres and they barely cover the edge of the rim hence lots of curbing.

To keep the rolling radius correct you need a tyre similar to mine, with 18 x 7 you should have enough tyre protrusion to protect the rim too.

Don't forget though, you are going to loose ride quality going from 16 to 18's... looks good though!

The 255x35 is used on the back of the soarer with 18's and 235 35 on the front.

205x65 15" (std for S1) will give 514mm rolling dia

225x60 16" will give a 528mm rolling dia.

235x35 18" will give a 539mm rolling dia.

255x35 18" = 546mm - speedo could be out by this point.

Choice is yours really, anywhere from 225 to 265 with 35 profile will work and should not rub with the 35 ofset wheels you have.

I'd only be interested in them, should they match and I could fit the standard 225/60/16 tyres.

But...back to this original enquiry!!!

But...back to this original enquiry!!!

:offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic:

The wife tells me all the time ho easily I get distracted... sorry what was I saying?

Oh yes,

the original mk4 wheel are 16x7JJ = 178mm wide (correct me if I'm wrong anyone).

The 7.5JJ = 190mm wide.

As the tyres have a 225 wide tread width and some bulge due to there 60% profile they should protect the wheel rim and fit ok.

Would not want to go to 8JJ though as the rim would be getting close to being exposed and you could get sealing problems.

Also it would look like a nova or similar with 17" chrome chavtastics on that has superwide wheels and tyres that are rubber bans round a cotton reel... :0

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links