Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Altezza Keeps Cutting Out

keitho irl

Just wondering if anyone can help my altezza keeps cutting out and i dont know why,

Its a 1998 Rs200 Tiptronic the car starts up fine but when i leave the engine to idle it starts to chug and then it revs drop and die i cant remember at what rpm my car used to idle at but it just keeps dropping and coming back up and then dropping again and the engine dies, this happens every time i slow down or stop at traffic lights and i continiously have to keep starting it up again, but when the car is revving its fine so i dunno what the problem is, any suggestions would be much appreciated as this is highly annoying !!!! As usual i have checke dall the essentials such as engine oil transmission fluid coolant air filter plugs and all and they are all fine and the engine isnt over heating or showing warning lights so im baffled, if anyone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated thanks

:msn-cry: No luck im afraid i have tried running injector cleaner through it now and its still the same im gettin desperate now ive tried pretty much everything i know how to do! Any more suggestions i would be really greatful thanks

:msn-cry: No luck im afraid i have tried running injector cleaner through it now and its still the same im gettin desperate now ive tried pretty much everything i know how to do! Any more suggestions i would be really greatful thanks

Story Keith, have u made any changes to the engine recently ie induction kit or anything like that? Where abouts in Dublin are you based?

Take it you cleaned the MAF sensor as planned. If it only does it when hot I would suggest the O2 sensors, they only come into play once the engine is warmed up. Try unplugging them and see what happens.

Thanks lads for all the help no it just happened all out of the blue i didnt change or mod anything thats why i cant understyand it, Its certainly not as bad when the car is cold the problem seems to be magnified when the car heats up its a really annoying problem, but otherwise the car drives perfect its just when i come to a halt the revs drop and it dies, im gnna try a couple of suggestions like o2 sensors and clean the throttle body and oil change see what happens if not what do you recommend will i bring it to toyota or lexus is there a diagnostics they can connect it to and tell me maybe?

Thanks lads for all the help no it just happened all out of the blue i didnt change or mod anything thats why i cant understyand it, Its certainly not as bad when the car is cold the problem seems to be magnified when the car heats up its a really annoying problem, but otherwise the car drives perfect its just when i come to a halt the revs drop and it dies, im gnna try a couple of suggestions like o2 sensors and clean the throttle body and oil change see what happens if not what do you recommend will i bring it to toyota or lexus is there a diagnostics they can connect it to and tell me maybe?

Where did u buy it? Maybe bring it back to them. Could be something to do with thermostat maybe. Im only guessing. Lexus in deansgrange said they would service mine before, but i wouldnt say they are cheap