Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Tyres Should I Get

den_200

hi ya i have a is200 which i am thinkin of put a supercharger on and fill i should get my self some good new rubber to keep it on the road lol i have got one mich pilot sport 4 the rear and was goin to get one to match so is more wonderin about fronts can anyone help :D

hi ya i have a is200 which i am thinkin of put a supercharger on and fill i should get my self some good new rubber to keep it on the road lol i have got one mich pilot sport 4 the rear and was goin to get one to match so is more wonderin about fronts can anyone help :D

Hello... I don't recommend mixing the tyres in particular when i comes to the Michelin's due to their particular silica content. Actual make of tyre tends to be a matter of taste.. Seemingly the Goodyear F1 is top dog over many car marques.

I need new rubber, I'm looking at Falken FK452's as I hear good things about those!

The Goodyears are a winner too from what I've read, never used them though, I've always been a Toyo T1-S man myself!

Are these the Goodyear Eagle F1's that everybody keeps recommending.......??

http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/details.pl?ID...&Country=UK

I won't need new tyres for a while as my Lexus (which is still at the garage waiting for the DVLA to sort out their side of things) has had a full set of new tyres on.

Regards

Gary

yes those are the bad boys, I would get your tyres checked over, mine have been wearing away on the inner rim for some time, may be common fault as ive heard standard setups geometry was way out.

could be used as an excuse to get new rubber too

yes those are the bad boys, I would get your tyres checked over, mine have been wearing away on the inner rim for some time, may be common fault as ive heard standard setups geometry was way out.

yeah thank have had full lazer 4 wheel alimgment so is all ok there just brought the car with the cheapest tyre the last onwer could find make rain fill like snow lol

Is that a good price for them?

The new tyres which are on it at the moment were only fitted about a week ago the garage put a whole new set on when the car came in.

Should I still have a 4 wheel aligment done?

Regards

Gary

They were only fitted about a week ago the garage put a whole new set on when the car came in.

Regards

Gary

yes but it ant cheap think its over £100 at lexus if its just fronts wearin mite be able to get away with just check the trackin at quick fit is free if they dont have to alter it

Is that a good price for them?

The new tyres which are on it at the moment were only fitted about a week ago the garage put a whole new set on when the car came in.

Regards

Gary

The price listed at mytyres is reasonable, but I would recommend you to get new tyres when you get a geometry adjusetment done if you are doing it at STS Watford, last time I checked only £95 each including fitting/balancing/disposing. Alternatively etyres which is also competitively priced and includes mobile fitting at your home/workplace!

Instead of a alignment, you need a geometry adjustment, this should be done at a WIM approved center (ie. STS Watford). Get more details from http://www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk/, or PM the Doctor who posted a reply to this thread (2nd from top).

im just getting the tracking sorted, it looks like when i got my car from the garage year and a half ago the wear started on the tyres, however since lowering it the wear was increased and resulted in balding on the inner edge quite severley.

sorting the tracking out may even improve my petrol consumption too hopefully

B)-->

QUOTE(Hank B @ Apr 4 2007, 11:16 PM)

Pirelli's all the way, the P zero's if you can afford them but I've got P6000's and they're the best thing since sliced bread :D

Forget that I just checked, you cant get the P6000's or P zero's in the size you need for the standard IS 17's but hey if you aint got the standard hoops you can :P

hi all

my car had dunlop sp9000 on when i bought it, didnt like them at all, the car felt twitcy at speed and they didnt install me with confidence, push hard into a roundabout and they would let go, great if you like a drift, all four tyres still had plenty of tread left on them, so decided it was time to change. just changed to goodyear f1 gsd3 and its to transformed the car, car feels alot more stable and well planted to the road, no momments yet where i thought the tyres are on the limits after 1200 miles of spirited driving, i know its down to personal preference but its goodyears over dunlops for road tyres anyway.

:)

Goodyear Eagle F1s

These cost £250 a corner for the size I require 275 X 45 X 20

But I have had Continental Sport Contact and Dunlops on previously and these are by far the best tyre. In my opinion

The Vrederstein are supposed to have a weak sidewall though according to my local dealer, he wanted to sell me some but retracted after I took him out for a drive :o