Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I sold a gearbox on eBay last night and the guy came today to collect it. He turned up in a LS400 so we immediately got chatting. It turns out that he picked it up last week from the preston area for les than £600 with no Tax or MOT, a mileage of 280 odd thousand and one of those cherished type number plates.

He took it for MOT which it passed and put six months rent on it and is now well chuffed.

I had a go in it. First time in a 400 and now i can say that im converted. It may be time to move on the GS and step up.

He was saying that he has the number plate up for sale on one of the sites and is hoping to end up paying even less for the car.

For something with such high mileage, i was amazed at how quiet it was and how good the drivers seat was.

I have been addicted to V8s for many many years always having Stags or TR7V8s in the fleet and a hankering for Blackpools finest works of automotive art.

The one and only thing that disappointed me about the car was the lack of Aural pleasure I recieved from it. I like to hear the soundtrack. An LS that sounds like a Chimera or a Griffith would be a match made in heaven.

Maybe something to look into as I ponder whether or not to move over to the dark side.

I have been addicted to V8s for many many years always having Stags or TR7V8s in the fleet and a hankering for Blackpools finest works of automotive art.

The one and only thing that disappointed me about the car was the lack of Aural pleasure I recieved from it. I like to hear the soundtrack. An LS that sounds like a Chimera or a Griffith would be a match made in heaven.

Maybe something to look into as I ponder whether or not to move over to the dark side.

The LS is a whole new driving experience, it's very hard not to be seduced. :winky:

I sold a gearbox on ebay last night and the guy came today to collect it. He turned up in a LS400 so we immediately got chatting. It turns out that he picked it up last week from the preston area for les than £600 with no Tax or MOT, a mileage of 280 odd thousand and one of those cherished type number plates.

He took it for MOT which it passed and put six months rent on it and is now well chuffed.

I had a go in it. First time in a 400 and now i can say that im converted. It may be time to move on the GS and step up.

He was saying that he has the number plate up for sale on one of the sites and is hoping to end up paying even less for the car.

For something with such high mileage, i was amazed at how quiet it was and how good the drivers seat was.

An LS400 with rorty exhaust? Why not a TVR with four doors and soft suspension?

Well, add a few flames down the side, a 'whale-tail' spoiler, tints, and a fat exhaust and it'll be SOOOOOtasteful? Well, Maneesh would say so? :D

I guess you could 'noise it up' somehow though? :whistling:

I love the sound of a V8 but it's nice to be stealth too.

feel sorry for these fellas in those scubaru thingys, spens so much money on fancy inter radiators and boost valves, most of them cant aford to have the bloody great holes fixed in their exhausts :winky:

I love the sound of a V8 but it's nice to be stealth too.

feel sorry for these fellas in those scubaru thingys, spens so much money on fancy inter radiators and boost valves, most of them cant aford to have the bloody great holes fixed in their exhausts :winky:

The good thing about Subaru is the flat four engine, a la Citroen GSA......I'd have a Forester/Legacy if forced....