Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Flip Key?

I was read a while ago that someone snapped their key to their IS (1st Gen) and they had to buy a replacement key. I have nearly snapped my key before, when I kneeled down to pick up a heavy box and my key was in my front pocket. I have the 3 button key.

My question is: Is it possible to buy/build a 'flip key' for an IS200 or not? By flip key, I mean where you can fold in the key/blade into the transponder, I believe VW/Audi use flip keys on their cars.

If it is possible can anyone suggest sources, prices etc.

Thanks

I was read a while ago that someone snapped their key to their IS (1st Gen) and they had to buy a replacement key. I have nearly snapped my key before, when I kneeled down to pick up a heavy box and my key was in my front pocket. I have the 3 button key.

My question is: Is it possible to buy/build a 'flip key' for an IS200 or not? By flip key, I mean where you can fold in the key/blade into the transponder, I believe VW/Audi use flip keys on their cars.

Thanks

Thanks

sorry.. cant answer your flip key quiry but check out eBay,item number 260103453665. i have same problem & have got replacement for £12. sorry dont know how to link

Thanks

Thanks

sorry.. cant answer your flip key quiry but check out eBay,item number 260103453665. i have same problem & have got replacement for £12. sorry dont know how to link

Haven't snapped my key (yet!), but have come close!

@ T7RY B: Thanks for the link, I'll send them an email, see what they say....

PM fatpieman69, he's had a few keys replaced with blanks bought on eBay. All you need to do though is get a blank key cut to the same as your master key and if you do break the plastic just take out the transponder and pop it into the new housing on the new key.

Im sure if you was skilled enough you could get a VW blank key and fob you could make your own new type key.

Would be a great little mod.