Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Which Intercooler ?

DALE69V

Anybody have any opinions on this?

Yeh, (surprise surprise :P :D )

If you want economy/worried about MPG, by a Golf TDi :)

We've got a guy just changing his LPG system for a better one so it can handle more power/boost, Look for user GSW on my forum, he's a helpful chap.

Blocking the rad? Do you track your car? Does Dale track his car? I very much doubt it as that's where you will notice a HUGE cooling problem with regards to having a FMIC in front of the car. Another thing being, our cars actually have a GRILLE which assists in cooling under bonnet temperature, up to an extent, where the Supra only has two side ducts (one for SMIC) and a huge front duct just helping to cool the radiator.

OH another reason I pointed out Yoshi, is because he actually tracks his car AND he has a FMIC and as far as I know he has not had any problems with the car overheating.

Yoshi does have some issues with overheating with his FMIC and when I've previously enquired about fitting an FMIC on a BPU'd Aristo I got the following reply...

I'd avoid a FMIC as it'll give you cooling problems. It will also lag a little.

I've got a medium sized one, but that's just to squeeze out the last hp from my car and get it ready should I mount a bigger turbo. It also cleared space for the ATF and oil cooler, essential for circuit racing. But it blocked the radiator and therefore gives me cooling problems on circuit.

Quest downpipe helps quite a bit, and the TOMS ecu is good too. Your need Type 7 iridium plugs before upping the boost too. That will see you around 340/350hp.

Boost controller the cheapest way to get more power, you'll need your fuel at 100 octane for that BTW + of course the type 7/8 plugs.

That said, I will be fitting one to my BPU Aristo in the not too distant future so should be able to give a first hand opinion rather than speculation.

ps. I would post a link to the original thread that yoshi replied to that I've quoted above but I am unable to due to board restrictions.....

HAHA I knew you would! :P

I agree with the Golf comment, although even a ltitle petrol beater would do. I've currently got a 2001 Honda Accord (fully specced) 1.8l and it's pretty good on fuel, compared to the Aristo...so Aristo remains a weekend/fun car and the Honda a daily driver.

What's the octane, equivalent to petrol, of LPG? If it's higher than the 99octane stuff (Tesco's, Shell, BP, etc) then it's definitely worth while.

I'm personally waiting for E85 to make it's way into petrol stations nearby and then see how that works.

Blocking the rad? Do you track your car? Does Dale track his car? I very much doubt it as that's where you will notice a HUGE cooling problem with regards to having a FMIC in front of the car. Another thing being, our cars actually have a GRILLE which assists in cooling under bonnet temperature, up to an extent, where the Supra only has two side ducts (one for SMIC) and a huge front duct just helping to cool the radiator.

OH another reason I pointed out Yoshi, is because he actually tracks his car AND he has a FMIC and as far as I know he has not had any problems with the car overheating.

Yoshi does have some issues with overheating with his FMIC and when I've previously enquired about fitting an FMIC on a BPU'd Aristo I got the following reply...

I'd avoid a FMIC as it'll give you cooling problems. It will also lag a little.

I've got a medium sized one, but that's just to squeeze out the last hp from my car and get it ready should I mount a bigger turbo. It also cleared space for the ATF and oil cooler, essential for circuit racing. But it blocked the radiator and therefore gives me cooling problems on circuit.

Quest downpipe helps quite a bit, and the TOMS ecu is good too. Your need Type 7 iridium plugs before upping the boost too. That will see you around 340/350hp.

Boost controller the cheapest way to get more power, you'll need your fuel at 100 octane for that BTW + of course the type 7/8 plugs.

That said, I will be fitting one to my BPU Aristo in the not too distant future so should be able to give a first hand opinion rather than speculation.

ps. I would post a link to the original thread that yoshi replied to that I've quoted above but I am unable to due to board restrictions.....

Wow I guess I missed that. Oh well turns out I may be wrong regarding over heating, but then again a car is pushed to it's limits on a track, where if driven on the road I don't think it'd have that same kind of problem? (now that's an assumption based on heavy load on the track). I'm sure Dave (Prolex) and anybody else with a FMIC will be able to chime in here.

Wow I guess I missed that. Oh well turns out I may be wrong regarding over heating, but then again a car is pushed to it's limits on a track, where if driven on the road I don't think it'd have that same kind of problem? (now that's an assumption based on heavy load on the track). I'm sure Dave (Prolex) and anybody else with a FMIC will be able to chime in here.

In all fairness yoshi's reply I quoted there wasn't posted on these forums (I did say in my p.s), I did try to post the link but for some pathetic reason links to a certain Aristo only forum get filtered out, apparently due to it being a competing forum even though it is soley dedicated to the Toyota Aristo and not all Lexus models and such. Anyway, I digress...

I hoping to get an FMIC in the next month or two, I will post up my feedback once it's in place.

HAHA I knew you would! :P

I agree with the Golf comment, although even a ltitle petrol beater would do. I've currently got a 2001 Honda Accord (fully specced) 1.8l and it's pretty good on fuel, compared to the Aristo...so Aristo remains a weekend/fun car and the Honda a daily driver.

What's the octane, equivalent to petrol, of LPG? If it's higher than the 99octane stuff (Tesco's, Shell, BP, etc) then it's definitely worth while.

I'm personally waiting for E85 to make it's way into petrol stations nearby and then see how that works.

LPG is rated at 105+ octaine

and you dont need a cheap run around when your aristo runs LPG. :)

• 2 weeks later...

LPG is rated at 105+ octaine

and you dont need a cheap run around when your aristo runs LPG. :)

So i could tune my car on LPG and still be cheaper on fuel, That sounds good to me :D

You certainly can mate :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links