Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Powered Polisher And Heads

Please can someone help me

I want to buy a Powered Polisher ( whats the best one to get)

I've seen a few on fleebay like this one link and it comes with 3 sponges.

If i was to use Meguiars 3 Stage, what Meguiars goes with what sponge?

I've asked my mates here and they don't know

So boys and gals help me out

Thanks in advance,

:)

Thanks in advance,

Probably OK as a woodworking tool but I wouldn't let it get near my car :ohmy: . As it doesn't state it's a random orbit polisher it most probably isn't, and so the risk of damage to the paint is high as well as the center of the disk doing naff all. You need a Porter Cable type 7424 random orbit polisher and pads from www.autopia-carcare.com and a voltage converter from 110v to 240v available from any good electrical retailer. http://www.autopia-carcare.com/pcdepot.html

Thanks in advance,

Probably OK as a woodworking tool but I wouldn't let it get near my car :ohmy: . As it doesn't state it's a random orbit polisher it most probably isn't, and so the risk of damage to the paint is high as well as the center of the disk doing naff all. You need a Porter Cable type 7424 random orbit polisher and pads from www.autopia-carcare.com and a voltage converter from 110v to 240v available from any good electrical retailer. http://www.autopia-carcare.com/pcdepot.html

Stay away from the one on eBay!!!

I also use the random orbit polisher that Tango has linked to from Autopia. Excellent piece of kit

Table II Foam Pad Selection / Use

Polish / Cutting Pad (*Yellow) A harder more dense foam composition (50 PPI ) with an abrasive cutting action, for use with a medium abrasive polish, Machine Polish 1 or 2, Swirl Mark Remover, or Autoglym Paint Renovator Polish (Speed number 4-5)

Polish / Light Cutting Pad (*Orange) A mid range, high density foam composition (60 PPI) with a medium abrasive cutting action, for use with a Swirl Mark Remover, Pre-Wax Paint Cleaner, Klasse All-In-One, or Autoglym Super Resin Polish (Speed number 4)

Polish / Waxing Pad (*White) A softer less dense foam composition(70 PPI) with a light abrasive cutting action, for use with a Swirl Mark Remover, Pre-Wax Paint Cleaner, Klasse All-In-One, or Autoglym Super Resin Polish (Speed number 4)

Finishing Pad (*Black) An ultra-smooth foam that has no abrasive cutting ability (80 PPI) for use with Klasse High Sealant Gloss, Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection, Zanio Z-2 or Z-5 or a Glaze (Speed number 3)

Information Resource- http://www.lakecountrymfg.com/woolcutpads_feat.html

*The foam pad colour identifications and specifications are by Lake County Manufacturing (LC) other manufactures of foam pads use different colours to identify the abrasiveness or cutting ability of their foam pads, they can be purchased at www.properautocare.com.

• 3 weeks later...

I Think I have to get the front of the car re-sprayed

Bonnt, bummper, and wing mirrors

and replace the Windscreen

...all of the above have millions of small spots/dents/etc. like someting was slaked on it.

this is going to cost me a bomb. so a polisher is out the question.

:(

Thanks in advance,

Thanks in advance,

Thanks in advance,

Stay away from the one on eBay!!!

I also use the random orbit polisher that Tango has linked to from Autopia. Excellent piece of kit

mate the one on eBay is a top item i got one to do my car........... :winky: and it has done a top job on my new paint work :D and that one on eBay has 6 setings starting of at 1000 rpm up to 6000 rpm, but you can all so set it to 1100 if you like, so by doing that it has alot of setings.

Tango/Ad dont nock it if you have not tryed it................. :winky: