Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Guys, I have searched and not found anything on the forum, probably due to my lack of searching capabilities.

Is there a hack or unlock to allow you to play movies whilst driving, I feel I am adult enough to not look at the screen whilst under way and it allows my passenger to watch a film on a long trip. ??

Guys, I have searched and not found anything on the forum, probably due to my lack of searching capabilities.

Is there a hack or unlock to allow you to play movies whilst driving, I feel I am adult enough to not look at the screen whilst under way and it allows my passenger to watch a film on a long trip. ??

NO there is not, as what you propose is both dangerous and illigal. You can fit screens to the back of the front seats, but any screen fitted within the drivers sight range is against the law. believe me, you are not adult enough to never look at the screen if it is in front of you and a good film showing.

NO there is not, as what you propose is both dangerous and illigal. You can fit screens to the back of the front seats, but any screen fitted within the drivers sight range is against the law. believe me, you are not adult enough to never look at the screen if it is in front of you and a good film showing.

Have to agree that it would be a disaster if I could "watch" movies on the go. However, what I would like is the movie to carry on playing at under 10 mph - this would allow me to watch movies in very slow moving traffic e.g. roadworks. Having spent the last couple of months suffering the queues for the A34 re-surfacing work I would have appreciated this.

I have to smile when I read these posts. Many times here and on the US forums someone asks the question about unlocking the DVD playback. Many times the response is not an answer but shock and outrage that someone would even raise the subject matter.

The answer to the question you asked is yes. But only if you feel like removing trim, air vents, the ML system, snipping a wire, joining a couple of wires. Probably invalidating the warranty specifically on the ML (although they would have to prove the modification caused a fault, they would still be difficult with you though).

Now to join the righteous crowd, if you had an accident and this modification was discovered, might it invalidate your insurance? I wouldn't presume to know you and how susceptible you may possibly be to watching a movie whilst in transit, but I know myself that I may take my eyes off the road for just a few seconds to catch a good bit :)

Had a front LCD and DVD player in my IS200 and not once did I ever feel like watching it. Again, was for the passengers benifit. When It want for them I had music videos playing, not a problem at all.