Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Car In Limp Mode :(

Hiya,

I have a Lexus IS200 Navigator SE, manual 1999

My car decided to go into limp/safety mode yesterday. Engine light constantly stays on and the traction control light is constantly turning on and off. Now only revs to 3000rpm before limiter kicks in. Although works just fine upto this point. Have a friend who has a garage and has diagnostic software. Had the car plugged in and the following error code was reported:

P0105 Manifold absolute pressure barometric pressure circuit malfunction.

Am guessing one of the pressure sensors have had its day. My friend mentioned it was the inlet manifold but I am not 100% sure how he came to this conclusion, as it did not say this on the print out. Tried locating the sensors but havent had much luck and I dont have a manual. Am currently searching for a CD version on eBay.

Just wondered if anyone else has had this problem, or knows what maybe wrong, which sensor? etc. Dont want to pay dealer fees unless its a last resort.

Any help much appreciated, thankyou.

Thankyou for the reply. Have ordered won a manual from eBay so waiting for that to arrive. I was told it is most likely to be lambda/o2 sensor. I have done a search online and am I right in thinking there are three of these on the Is200? So have to figure out which one it is and where they all are.

Thats is not the code for the o2 sensors

Absolute pressure is measured in the inlet manifold side of the engine not the exhaust.

Interestingly my 350z mentions the same code but does not have an absolute pressure sensor.

Cheers

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Huge thanks to fluff34567 for helping me locate the MAP sensor. I also used a voltmeter to test the sensor. I received readings of around 12v with ignition on then upto 13v with engine turned on.

Was wondering if anyone knew if it is within the correct parameters?

Also rang up Lexus Cardiff AND Lexus Oxford, both denied all knowledge of a MAP sensor existing for an IS200. They could only find one for the IS300. I was under the assumption the IS300 used a MAF? Anyway they told me the IS200 did not have a MAF or a MAP and needed either a part number or the name under which it may be stored under the computer, for me to obtain a price.

So if anyone knows these it would be of great halp thanks. Seems an impossible task of getting the sensor out and I dont want to take it out until I have the new one to replace it as my car will be off the road then.

ta

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links