Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Negotiating With A Dealer

Hello

This is my first post - I am hoping to become a Lexus owner this weekend.

I want to buy a IS250 SE-L but it seems there aren't many used private ones around. The dealer ones are very similarly priced.

My question - if a dealer is selling a car I want for £28,750, how much do you think I should offer? I don't know how flexible Lexus dealers tend to be.

thanks

have u got a part exchange, if not start at say 10% off and see how they go. Before you go decide on a max you will pay and stick to it and be prepared to walk away. there are plenty in the dealer network and some dealers are more prepared to deal.

have u got a part exchange, if not start at say 10% off and see how they go. Before you go decide on a max you will pay and stick to it and be prepared to walk away. there are plenty in the dealer network and some dealers are more prepared to deal.

No p/ex, and I can pay immediately using a debit card.

10% - wow that's a lot more than I expected.

Was it an SE or an SEL as in your first post?

It's an SE - the price was too attractive to go back to the original dealer who wanted more money for an older car with more miles.

I must say the Lexus dealer has been a joy to deal with, esp compared to my Aston dealer (who are like used car salesmen of the lowest order, with a posher accent...!)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links