Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2006 Gs300 has developed a very loud creaking and groaning sound coming from the rear parcel shelf area. Only seems to happen in hot weather when the sun has been on that area. Anyone else had the problem and found what it is that is causing this very irratting noise, although living in Uk I probably won't suffer it for very long. I've checked in the boot and for any obvious loose panels etc. There isn't any luggage or other rubbish lying around causing it.

• 2 weeks later...
2006 Gs300 has developed a very loud creaking and groaning sound coming from the rear parcel shelf area. Only seems to happen in hot weather when the sun has been on that area. Anyone else had the problem and found what it is that is causing this very irratting noise, although living in Uk I probably won't suffer it for very long. I've checked in the boot and for any obvious loose panels etc. There isn't any luggage or other rubbish lying around causing it.

You have saved me describing my new rattle. I got in my car that has been sitting in the sun at Stanstead airport and there is a horrible creaking/rattle coming from the rear area. Is it the shelf or the roof lining?

My GS300 is 2 years old, and I have owned it for a year. I have already had the dash rattles fixed!

Have you found a cure since submitting this post.

TudorDoc

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry taken so long to get back, but been out of country for 3 weeks.

No i haven't found the problem, and i'm going to go and see dealer next week about it and see if they can find the problem, but from sitting in rear listening whilst someone else drives it sounds like it is coming from parcel shelf area. My first thought was the rear brake light or the other bits around it and tried holding it but made no difference, same with the sun blind. I'll let you know if i find anything.

In the meantime if anyone else out there has had similar either fixed or not fixed, please post to let me know.

Sorry taken so long to get back, but been out of country for 3 weeks.

No i haven't found the problem, and i'm going to go and see dealer next week about it and see if they can find the problem, but from sitting in rear listening whilst someone else drives it sounds like it is coming from parcel shelf area. My first thought was the rear brake light or the other bits around it and tried holding it but made no difference, same with the sun blind. I'll let you know if i find anything.

In the meantime if anyone else out there has had similar either fixed or not fixed, please post to let me know.

I spoke to James at Woodford. He said he has had this on other cars but not the GS. ANyhow, have had my 2 year service and they have tightened something to do with the rear screen where it meets the body. So far (5 days) and after lots of sun the horrible noise seems to have gone.

Back to being quiet apart from some very quiet creaks at the front on occasion.

TudorDoc

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links