Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Auto Windows Up On Exit ,and Down On Entry .....

having the windows auto close if you push and hold the lock button down is nice but not unusual ... however today when it was warm i discovered that if you press and hold unlock then you'll find it unlocks and opens all the windows fully .

handy when we finally have those hot steamy summer days and you need to release all that hot ait before you get in .......

however in my other thread you'll see i now might wait a while to find out how handy this is ... :blink:

How weird, I only found that out the other day on mine as well, LOL!

I was in the garage, doing some work on my bike, I accidently set off the alarm on it and had to fiddle around trying to get the thing to shut up, when I was walking back to the house, I found my car unlocked with the windows part way down! I thought I had a fault at first, then I thought it may have been something to do with my bike alarm making it go screwy, then I realised I still had my car key fob in my pocket.

So I got in, done up the windows and locked the car, stood there scratching my head, then I started to experiment by holding buttons down on the remote lock and discovered, you can undo the windows when you unlock the car, the moment you release the lock button the windows stop going down. Equally holding the lock does them up.

having the windows auto close if you push and hold the lock button down is nice but not unusual ... however today when it was warm i discovered that if you press and hold unlock then you'll find it unlocks and opens all the windows fully .

handy when we finally have those hot steamy summer days and you need to release all that hot ait before you get in .......

however in my other thread you'll see i now might wait a while to find out how handy this is ... :blink:

I had a bad experience with this one morning :blink:

handy when we finally have those hot steamy summer days and you need to release all that hot ait before you get in :D

Not good after accidentally activating and it raining all night.car was cool but very wet :crybaby:

It's the having to hold the button down bit that I don't get. My last car (a Mondeo) had the same feature except you only had to hold the button down until the windows started moving. The car would do the rest.

If you read what Mr Pants said you will see that you can control the amount the windows open or close, rather than fully open or closed as your Mondeo sounds like it did.

It's the having to hold the button down bit that I don't get. My last car (a Mondeo) had the same feature except you only had to hold the button down until the windows started moving. The car would do the rest.

If you read what Mr Pants said you will see that you can control the amount the windows open or close, rather than fully open or closed as your Mondeo sounds like it did.

I did read it thanks. This isn't control it's having to hold the button until you get bored.

I did read it thanks. This isn't control it's having to hold the button until you get bored.

On the contrary, it is control. Being able to open the windows remotely by your chosen amount to vent the hot air is having control. Not much use to you I agree, as you obviously only want the choice of having the windows fully open or fully closed.

By the way, how long did you have to wait before the Mondeo's windows started to open? I just checked my IS250 SEL and it took a whole 6 seconds holding the button down to fully open the windows.