Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Curbed Alloy

As is my standard practice, it seems, I have managed to slightly curb the nearside rear alloy.

It's only very minor, but I was wondering what I could do about it.

In the past I've had them refurbished.

However this doesn't look normal.

It doesn't seem like they're powder coated, but the finish would seem to indicate otherwise (It's too shiny to be polished alloy, I'd say) ?

Has anyone with the new IS had a wheel refurbished either through lexus or otherwise?

Thanks

Gareth

As is my standard practice, it seems, I have managed to slightly curb the nearside rear alloy.

It's only very minor, but I was wondering what I could do about it.

In the past I've had them refurbished.

However this doesn't look normal.

It doesn't seem like they're powder coated, but the finish would seem to indicate otherwise (It's too shiny to be polished alloy, I'd say) ?

Has anyone with the new IS had a wheel refurbished either through lexus or otherwise?

Thanks

Gareth

They still have not sorted out the corrosion problems with the alloys (legacy from the is200)

I have just had mine all replaced under warranty due to corrosion on one of them.

So have a look to see if you have any corrosion, if you have get the dealer to replace them under warranty, that way will save you have to get it refurbed.

I done this 4 times with my Last IS200. :D

That's interesting - I was washing my car yesterday and I notice what I thought was the beginning of corrosion on one of the alloys. The car is only 12 months old!

I'll keep an eye on this. Are they definitely covered by warranty? Is it a three year warranty?

That's interesting - I was washing my car yesterday and I notice what I thought was the beginning of corrosion on one of the alloys. The car is only 12 months old!

I'll keep an eye on this. Are they definitely covered by warranty? Is it a three year warranty?

Yes, covered :winky: i changed mine 3 times too :D 1st time only 1yr + 7000 miles :o