Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ls400 Second Years Ownership

Hello

Just thought I’d give an overview of the costs involved during my second year of ownership of my 98 LS400 – this site was immensely helpful in my decision to purchase my vehicle so hopefully this information may help others too.

During the last 12 months I have covered 17737 miles using 3132 litres of fuel giving me a 25.7 average mpg.

Costs as follows;

Insurance 440

Tax 170

AA 80

New Battery 90

Cambelt Service 797

Refurb alloys 572

Replaced brake warning wire 152

B service inc MOT 480

One new tyre 85

New sat nav disk 112

Total 2978

All work has been done at Lexus dealerships, the only mechanical failures have been the Battery & the faulty brake wire - there were no issues with passing the MOT.

I undertake quite a few long journeys and the car is supremely comfortable, I’m planning to keep for a while longer and ultimately will replace with something like a 2005 LS430 or if I can hold out, I may try to pick up a three year old 460 when the time comes. I have tested pretty much all the cars in the Lexus range now and will hopefully look to buy my wife a second hand RX400k next March when the lease runs out on her current car.

To anyone thinking about buying a Lexus, all I will say is that my experience of the product and the dealerships has been superb and I would not hesitate to recommend them.

Hope this helps.

Nick

Interesting Nick, thanks. Having bought my LS in October of last year your list certainly gives a good overview of ownership costs.

I intend to keep mine serviced by Lexus providing they do a good job and look after me, in fact I booked it in with them for it's A service due in June only last week. While I was there I bought into their Privilege programme which for £25 offers some good savings. Also had a look round the new LS460 :)

Interested in your alloy refurb, what exactly did you have done?

Interesting Nick, thanks. Having bought my LS in October of last year your list certainly gives a good overview of ownership costs.

I intend to keep mine serviced by Lexus providing they do a good job and look after me, in fact I booked it in with them for it's A service due in June only last week. While I was there I bought into their Privilege programme which for £25 offers some good savings. Also had a look round the new LS460 :)

Barney; had mine done by guy in Mangotsfield somewhere. Respray really......

:offtopic: sorry to re-direct the post further but... :offtopic:

How much have any other folks paid for alloy wheel refurbs?

I have a guy in leicester that will do 50quid / wheel inc removing and re-fitting tyres.

I'm thinking of going back to my 15's for the old skool look :winky:

Thanks Chris

Just had the alloys replaced by the dealer - they take your old ones and give you some refurbed ones - I must admit I was very pleasantly surprised by how nice the new ones were although I am sure if you shop around you can get them cheaper than at the dealers. I have not seen anything about the Privilege programme but it sounds interesting. I looked around the 460 too - beautiful but I'd sooner wait until they have dropped in value!

Nick

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links