Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fitting 2 Exhaust On My Lexus Is200!

Hi all!

I want to change the current exhaust and fit one exhaust on each side!

I have seen universal exhausts back boxes on eBay, are these the right ones, can i use them?

what do i need to look for to make sure they fit perfectly on both sides?

I want the current hole made in the bumper filled up, would i need a 4-5 inch tip?

I am looking to buy just the 2 back boxes and link to current setup, is that possible?

thank you all!

hi

in order for you to have exhausts exit each side at the rear of your car you will need to add extra hangers on the passenger side of the car.

have you got the link for the universal back boxes?

my exhaust is 4 1/2 inch, this fills the bumper nice :)

are you a metal fabricator? powerflow will do the system for you but i have heard that they are not the best.

I have seen a few people have this type of exhaust, im sure they will be along soon.

Aaron

There is a lot more work needed than just 'bolt on' and go ...........

Check out Monster mats Car ........ Aido's old IS .......... Zee's old car .........

Do searches on those, to find some pics, and more information on what's involved !

Cheers.

Yeah like the boys say you need to fabricate a new system from the cat back, or alternatively the silencer back.

This needs to work it's way around the spare wheel well and as has already been said you need to have a bracket fabricated and welded onto the chassis to hold the second exhaust.

I think it was a place called Top Gear in St Albans that made the system up for Zee, which was the one that I bought.

Think Mike had his done at Blueflame.

its a teckno r kit .i dont like the front bumper its getting chipped to easily im looking for a better made one that wont chip so easily .

the rear bumper is not from a toyota tho it has to be made to allow for the loger exhausts .

they dont heat up so no one will get burned if they rub off it . its always a bonus and a good gag when you want to scare cops that think they would

Thanks all!

If the back box is universal fitment, would it fit straight on if i got brackets made to hold it?

Is there a standard size (dimensions) box that fits into a lexus or does universal do?

thanks again!

I have found an universal exhaust with the followings details:

Technical Spec:-

Inlet size - 50.8mm

Outlet size - 4.5"

Overall length of box - 435mm

Box diameter - 160mm

Tail pipe length - 135mm

All dimensions are to nearest 5mm.

How could i measure all this to make sure it fits, anybody???

I have found an universal exhaust with the followings details:

Technical Spec:-

Inlet size - 50.8mm

Outlet size - 4.5"

Overall length of box - 435mm

Box diameter - 160mm

Tail pipe length - 135mm

All dimensions are to nearest 5mm.

How could i measure all this to make sure it fits, anybody???

You will have no problem with the right hand side box, the problem is with the left hand side, where there is nothing in today but a plastic cover.

And there the hard part is not the diameter, but the overall length of you new box plus the pipe.

So if you want to make sure it will fit, get under your car, remove the plastic cover and measure the space you actually have.

That is what I did on my IS300. However, keep in mind that fitting a dual exhaust requires some time if you want the job to be done properly.

Good luck.

I can't mate, like I say the exhaust was made at Top Gear in St Albans.

It was a one off so doubt they kept any figures.

Try BlueFlame or PowerFlow to see if they can be of any help maybe?

Can anybody tell me if they have physically got under their car and took the measurements to make sure there is enough clearance to get the box in on the left?

Any body got the measurements for the left side of the car where a exhaust can be placed?

thanks again!