Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Quiet Squeel From The Engine Bay?

I've been trying to locate a quiet squeel or a squeek from somewhere in the engine bay, i cant pinpoint where its coming from. I've recently had the cambelt changed so i don't think its that, i've had the power steering belt tightened so i dont think its that either. Can anyone shed some light on what else it could be? Thanks...

I've been trying to locate a quiet squeel or a squeek from somewhere in the engine bay, i cant pinpoint where its coming from. I've recently had the cambelt changed so i don't think its that, i've had the power steering belt tightened so i dont think its that either. Can anyone shed some light on what else it could be? Thanks...

Alternator, power steering pump...?

is it with the air con on or off?

Both.....

yeah i get the same thing.

does urs stop when u stop moving?

No, it still does it when parked up but not with the enginge off :D

It does sond like its one of the belts or wheels squeeking (i'm clueless so i've no idea what does what, all i know is the wheels turn and the belts belts go round :blush: ) but no idea which and none feels loose.

• 10 months later...

• 2 weeks later...
spray a small amount of WD40 on belts when its running if the noise goes away then its the belts m8

NEVER!!! the wd40 will destroy the belts over time, the only thing wd40 is good for is a quick temporary librication or clean as it actually removes lubricants if you want to lubricate something use a proper penetrating oil

• 3 weeks later...