Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ice Install

Being a proud newbie owner of my lexus i thought i would share my plans and welcome comments.

Head Unit: Kenwood KDC-PSW9531

Ipod Adaptor

Steering wheel remote

Amps: JL 500/1 - Bass

JBL P300.4 - fronts/rears

Speakers: JBL p6550c front and rear (6.5" Componenets)

JL Audio 2x 10" bandpass enclosore - directed to port thru ski hatch

I already have this equipment out of my last car.

got 139.7db at a DB drag event and won its class!!

i plan to convert the sat nav to also display dvd from my ps2 initially then an xbox360 when i get another one!

its not an easy car to install in so i have found!!

what do you think??

Should be good when done, not too sure about converting the sat nav screen theough. Its a very expensive job. PM 'rsarin' on here he has it done and it cost a fair bit to do.

really, i have been told that is quite easy form where we get all our equipment from..

I know the sat nav is a b*#tch to get workin when u change the HU but you guys here seem to have found a soloution to this. Im sure its just a case of puttin a remote swithcin on the video output of the sat nav in the boot?/ i could be wrong guess time will tell..

i can see some long days and nights comin up!!

Being a proud newbie owner of my lexus i thought i would share my plans and welcome comments.

i plan to convert the sat nav to also display dvd from my ps2 initially then an xbox360 when i get another one!

sound's nice, and im sure it will sound even better in the flesh!

not sure about the 360 though, demands one hell of alot of power!!! im thinking a second Battery and an inverter ARE going to be added to your list of items :)

Trouble us I don't think the screen input is RGB though.

hmmm... more to think on.. maybe thats why the store were so keen to see me again, they can see the £££'s comin in!!

I put my first gen 360 in the car the day i got it(release date!!), it may well have been the first incar Xbox 360 but it sure as hell ****** my games! The laser has 2 metal bits sticking up from it which scratch the disc when the unit is moving! So in the car it just scratched the hell oout my games!!

Not a good idea:( although i think its been rectified by microshaft now

I put my first gen 360 in the car the day i got it(release date!!), it may well have been the first incar Xbox 360 but it sure as hell ****** my games! The laser has 2 metal bits sticking up from it which scratch the disc when the unit is moving! So in the car it just scratched the hell oout my games!!

That why having an original Xbox in the car was an excellent idea as you ran the games off the harddrive, not sure if you can do this with the 360.

That why having an original Xbox in the car was an excellent idea as you ran the games off the harddrive, not sure if you can do this with the 360.

You cant do it with the 360 the only hacks so far are ones that allow u to play copied games in them

• 3 weeks later...

Ok.. so install now in.. (will post pics later :D )

i have the sat nav wiring diagram and it is RGb inputs on the loom...

question is now, where do i get an rgb dvd player or a conversion lead as they all seem to be composite video..

i dont fancy spendin £300 for somebody to do this this and im sure it can be done for a hell of a lot less!!

any thoughts guys??