Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I have been in the market now for a few months looking for an LS430. I'd like one in metalic black with either a grey or black interior. So far, the second hand section on the Lexus web site hasn't been turning up anything new for a while now. The only time I have looked at a couple of LS's, near enough the colour I want, they have both been smoked in :sick: . I know it is a good haggling point but I don't want to be spending all that money on an ex ash tray :sick: . Is it worth looking outside the dealer network? I'm after a 53 plate or newer with no more than 45 thousand miles. I don't really want to go over £25,000. Any sugestions?

I would certainly be looking outside of the dealer network, although LS430's are fairly thin on the ground you may well find a really nice car for sale privately if you are prepared to travel. I would however only go for cars with full main dealer service history, I found when buying my LS400 that although the car was bought from a small trader the main Lexus dealership were more than happy to confirm service history etc.

Regarding the smoking situation. Have you considered the possibility of a good car valeting company giving it a complete interior going over, they can work wonders these days. As you say if you find a car your interested in but it's been smoked in it might be a good haggling point.

I have been in the market now for a few months looking for an LS430. I'd like one in metalic black with either a grey or black interior. So far, the second hand section on the Lexus web site hasn't been turning up anything new for a while now. The only time I have looked at a couple of LS's, near enough the colour I want, they have both been smoked in :sick: . I know it is a good haggling point but I don't want to be spending all that money on an ex ash tray :sick: . Is it worth looking outside the dealer network? I'm after a 53 plate or newer with no more than 45 thousand miles. I don't really want to go over £25,000. Any sugestions?

I'd look at this guy D Blundell car sales - I bought my 98 Ls from him with 100k on the clock & it has been faultless.

Car is black 2003 and although has 68k on the clock, he is looking for £16895 - he sells a lot of Lexus cars and I wouldn't worry about the mileage - these cars are built for sky high miles & the car has been owned by Lloyds TSB so will be well maintained.

I have no link to this chap but I keep an eye on his site because he was good to deal with & he has good cars in at good prices and I know that when I swap my LS400, I'll more than likely do it through him.

Nick

http://www.dealer.autotrader.co.uk/da.htm