Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just got the car back a few days ago from Lexus after it was in for a few days getting warranty work done (hopefully all rattles now fixed :D ) and Lexus had fitted 4 new alloys under warranty, so as the car was looking so clean outside after its visit to dealer, i decided to clean all the interior leather with some special leather cleaner. I actually used some stuff that I got from DFS for cleaning the sofa's!!! It has brought it up lovely and clean and has refreshed the interior quite a bit. It had started to get a bit grubby, with it being cream and having done >40k.

So if anyone is looking for good leather cleaner, pop along to DFS, although it was a bit pricy @ 60 pound, but it is worth it as it feeds the leather to stop it cracking, which I think looks terrible in a car.

Anyway, i noticed when doing this, that all my nice shiny metal dustcaps had been removed. They were there on Thursday when I picked the car up, so some cheeky bar steward has had them off in the last few days.

Does anyone now off some good looking ones (I have standard 250SE alloys) that are also harder to remove?

Cheers

I have the Richbrook dust caps with spinning valve surrounds - they are ace for theft-proof-ness :D

Here is a pic:

Richbrook%20spinning%20antitheft%20valve%20caps.JPG

I purchased them from Speeding.co.uk for £12.99 inc. free delivery here.

I recommend them - cracking buy and have saved me a packet as I used to have my shiny caps nicked off the Focus every week. Nothing since though :D They come with a key that slots in the top and locks the spinning mechanism whilst you remove them.

Jamie

if you get the caps that re of a nut design - no not peanuts or walnuts - the 6 sided type - then you can tighten them up quite a bit with a little spanner then the kids wont be able to take them off with thier fingers.....

but then they might come back with a pair of pliers and do more damage!

I have the Richbrook dust caps with spinning valve surrounds - they are ace for theft-proof-ness :D

Here is a pic:

I recommend them - cracking buy and have saved me a packet as I used to have my shiny caps nicked off the Focus every week. Nothing since though :D They come with a key that slots in the top and locks the spinning mechanism whilst you remove them.

Jamie

Me too!! Problem solved and look smart too. :winky: Funny all of the loan cars from Lexus Leicester never have dust caps!!

Funny all of the loan cars from Lexus Leicester never have dust caps!!

The demonstrator that I drove from Milton Keynes had no dust caps. The salesman who drove the car home every day said they had been stolen while the car was parked at his home.

I bought a set of the "spinning" type as soon as I got the new car and tucked away the originals. They are all intact at present.

It involves a little more trouble when checking tyre pressures, but not a lot, as long as you remember to keep the valve cover key on the same ring as the car fob.

Here is a pic:

Jamie

i'v had a set of these for nearly 2 years,spot on :)

The problem is if you over tighten them, I have learned that they can have a tendency to "weld" or "fuse" making them a bitch to get off.

Jamie

use a very small amount of copper grease on threads and they won't stick :)

Problem with the inner brass ones that if you do them up toooo tight when undoing the copper and outer ali parts can seperate then you need plyers to get the brass bit of and also a new set of caps (copper grease will help prevent this)

Go for the spinner type they are the longest lasting ones ive had, had the same set on two cars now ...£12 from halfrauds!