Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

No Sound Out Of Rear Parcel Shelf Subwoofer - Amplifier?

I can't get sound out of my rear parcel shelf woofer-bass speaker.

I taken out the speaker and tried it on another car and works fine.

All my interior door speakers work fine, Including all the fade,balance controls, etc.

I run a wire form the rear speaker and touched the amp to test. Had a spark to show it's alive and can get some static sound through the wires out of it.

So is there anybody out there who have had this problem and know how you fixed it.

A) Was it a problem with the amp outputs, If so what did you replace. Which cap etc. Any Pictures?

B) Was there a problem with the head unit output?

C) Something else I've missed.

Hi,

Also need the year as they changed the system from boot mounted amp/changer to glove box/under seat amp later.

Cheers,

Steve

It's in the boot.

1993 model ls.

Hi,

According to the wiring diagrams the sub amp is a separate unit ( I think it's located near the sub itself, mine has the nak so different)

There is a 10 pin connector to it pin 3 white/blue wire) is the 12 volt feed ( check presence with a meter) and the outputs to the speaker are pins 9 ( light green/red) and 10 ( light green /blue).

Hi,

According to the wiring diagrams the sub amp is a separate unit ( I think it's located near the sub itself, mine has the nak so different)

There is a 10 pin connector to it pin 3 white/blue wire) is the 12 volt feed ( check presence with a meter) and the outputs to the speaker are pins 9 ( light green/red) and 10 ( light green /blue).

I know there is 12volt feed as mention at start is that I have spark off speaker when touching unit.

I will try running different wires to the speaker from them to get sound.

Can you tell me what pin or pins has the input sound from the headunit?? I can try and pick up the feed going in to the amp and by passs the amp to see if I can get sound off the speaker it in any form.

Thanks

Baz.

SUCESS, FINALLY GOT WORKING, But no sure how I did or what happened.

I'll just say hwat I did.

1) Checked the speaker on another system, Working fine,

2) Reconnected the speaker to the car, Still no sound.

3) Run a lead form the speaker to the amp, No sound, But amp sparking(Got current).

Prevoiusly I checked the fuses when my Battery was disconected. All OK.

Today

Speaker not working, So cheked the fuses while the Battery was on.

Pulled out the Radio one fuse (Under steering wheel) first to check. Cleaned up the fuse and reconnected.

Then I pulled out the Radio two(Under Bonnet) checked and reconnected.

I made sure that the fuses where level going in and right in.

Went back in car turned on radio, Tuned in a station and to my delight the sub wooofer was going bomb bomb again. GREAT :winky:

I don't know why it should start working again, Prehaps they may be chip that gets confused in the radio or amp unit, That needs to be reset in order to the radio while Battery still connected for other unit to reconnect, much like rebooting a computer when it gets confused sometimes.

Anyway I'm happy it's working again, So no need to splash out on a new amp yet.

P.S. Steve thank for the info. I didn't need it, As didn't get that far into the problem(Started working). But maybe of use for someelse who needs it. Thanks.