Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hey Dj Were's The Bass

Fitted Vibe Monobox IV Amp and Vibe CBR 12 Twin EVO in boot of my Aristo today, used all correct gauge cables etc, but not impressed with the bass, it is a loud bass and not a deep hard bass.

Then I noticed that if you open the boot it becomes a deep hard bass and man is it loud and deep.

Does this mean I need to add another bass port? as I don't want to drive round with my boot open, before someone suggests it. :D .

Any help very much appreciated.

Regard

Paul.

thats a good idea removing the 6by9s

how easy are they to remove i heard u had to remove the seat to get them out ??

/ how easy it to remove the front door cars / get to the tweeters as i got a set of infinity componentns in the garage i should really fit

thats a good idea removing the 6by9s

how easy are they to remove i heard u had to remove the seat to get them out ??

/ how easy it to remove the front door cars / get to the tweeters as i got a set of infinity componentns in the garage i should really fit

My set up is the same u open the boot and lots of bass. Think it has something to do with the sub box. A ported enclosure generally works better in a saloon car with an enclosed boot. Removing the rear speakers is a good idea, but i have good sounds coming from mine so id prefer to keep them. Opening the ski hatch does help a bit.

To get the rears out all the rear seats have to come out and the rear parcel shelf and c pillars. half an hour jobbie if you know what to do. Door cards simply pop off once one or 2 screws are removed and the door lever surround is removed. Both guides are covered in the workshop section

same here got a nice sub but not as much bass as a little hatch back, its all to do with the design, our cars really dont let the sounds travel through the cabin, best guy to speak to is Mr Singh but dont see him on here that much.

I have my sub pointing through the hatch at a slight angle seems to have improved slightly, but yes its ALOT louder with boot open. I think its the sub being starved of air or something.

Thanks for all your suggestions.

Tried opening armrest but didn't make no difference, as it was still sealed at the back with the grey leather.

So I am going to take out the old bass speaker out the middle and fit 2 bass ports either side to she if that helps.

Thanks for all your suggestions.

Tried opening armrest but didn't make no difference, as it was still sealed at the back with the grey leather.

So I am going to take out the old bass speaker out the middle and fit 2 bass ports either side to she if that helps.

HI,

not having had the opportunity to work on the car yet but i do know a little bass!!

What you may need is a bandpass box pointing through the armrest after removing whatever is covering it up so u have a clear view through. The bandpass doesnt use the boot space like a ported box will and you should get all the air movement into the cabin.

this is what i will be doing and has worked well on other cars with a similar design.

The big diff on the lis200 is the bulkhead behind the rear seats stops most of the bass but this design should work. I will be doing something similar in a few weeks so wil let u all know how it works.. failing that its removing the bulkhead and strengthening the rear!

on my car i got 2x12inch rockford subs in the boot and iv found its louder in the car with the boot SHUT maybe because my subbox is not ported so uses the boot as a big chamber for all the air to move around or somin

its pretty dam bassy with / without the ski hole open

As suggested I removed the existing bass speaker from rear shelf to improve the bass/airflow into main cabin.

This is how I got access to bass speaker

1:- Remove back seat cushion by pulling up at front (You have to pull hard) both sides.

The back seat will then just pull out.

LexusGs300RearSeat1.jpg

2:- Undo the 4 bolts at base of rear back support. These are clearly visible.

2 are by the seat belt fixings and the other 2 are close to the doors.

3:- Remove both head rests and lift the flap up as shown in picture.

This will reveal 2 nuts. - Undo these, you will need a box spanner or a deep socket. The rear support can now be pulled forward and rested against the front seats.

152.jpg

153.jpg

4:- Either side of the door remove to rubber door seal around the 2 side panels.

Remove the 2 side panels (You will have to pull hard).

Ensure that all clips are in side panel - if not remove clips from body work using a flat head screw driver and fit back into side panels.

This will make it easier to refit side panel.

5:- On the back shelf you will see 3 black plastic retaining clips right at the front.

Prise these out with a flat head screw driver.

You can know lift the shelf and pull if forward. (Don't pull to hard because of

Rear brake light wiring)

6:- Undo to rear brake light connecter, you will need to get both hands in to do this as I found the connecter a pain to undo.

You can now completely remove the rear shelf to expose the bass unit.

142.jpg

As you can see I removed the bass unit and knocked out the two plates either side, these were already pressed and came out no trouble at all.

146.jpg

I then refitted everything back together and put in two vibe bass ports.

150.jpg

149-1.jpg

148.jpg

144.jpg

145.jpg

147.jpg

All this has done the trick, the bass is know very loud and has a deep hard punch..

I now have a smile on my face. :D