Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Engine Light

koz

I took my Soarer/SC430 to London yesterday, when I got to 120mph and the highest gear was selected by the car there was a kick back and the the engine light went on this lasted for speeds upto 145mph.....when I got the car back down below 120mph and the car changed gears, there was another kick back and the engine light went off.... strange... can anyone help solve this please. The other thing I found was that I could not set my cruise above speeds of 70mph... is that normal...because from memory Im sure that I could set it at faster speeds... Thanks

On the MKIII, when the engine warning light comes on the error code is stored in the ECU ready to be retrieved. This will tell you what the ECU thought had gone wrong.

I'm afraid that I have no idea how to retrieve the code on the SC430. If I were you I would buy something like this: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Lexus-IS200-IS300-GS...1QQcmdZViewItem

• 3 weeks later...

Which runway did you use to get into London? Heathrow 4R? :D

My Celsior is converted to MPH but the speed limiter is still operational so the transmission disengages at around 113 mph I don't mind it's enough for me.