Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Aristo Mkii V300 Fuel Economy

capitao

To be honest not entirely sure what the official figures are, if you do a search on here you'll find the official Aristo brochure with all the official figures from Toyota - I posted it a while ago as a PDF

Personally I get around 11mpg if I'm around town, 18mpg on a motorway run at 80mph and 15mpg mixed.

:D

To be honest mate even when I drove the car on the motorway without going over 80mph, in fact not even over 3.5k rpm for the tankful I only got 240 miles :o

Thought maybe my O2 sensors were goosed but had a chat with the garage and they said the car wouldn't have passed the MOT or have given the readings it did if they'd have been dead!

Already swapped the panel filter out for a SARD Racing one and done an ECU reset, that made no difference, last thing is the plugs, they're misfiring like hell now so ordered some new NGK ones today that the Supe boys are recommending for use for up to 1.3bar with stock twins or hybrids so maybe that'll give me a bit more MPG touch wood :D

Have to admit I had some fun over the last few days and cleared the tank in 157 miles :lol: :o

Yeah mate definitely, I'm running 1.2 bar on mine, think Dave is running 1.2 with a burst scatter mode to 1.3 bar - seems to be fine.

Have to admit I'm assuming we're both still running the stock pumps, was looking at upgrading to a Walbro pump just to be on the safe side.

My car isn't supposed to have an FCD on it but seeing as the guage is reading those figures and holding them it obviously has had one fitted at some point at Pete's place :D

Rob Jonk and Norkep know a lot about the MK1 - I'm sure Rob was running over 1.1 bar without issue - probably more as he was getting some great power figures, definitely a good way past mine!

Personally I get around 11mpg if I'm around town, 18mpg on a motorway run at 80mph and 15mpg mixed.

OMG! :duh: :duh:

Thats certainly something to think about - I didn't think the Aristo was THAT thisty. :o

Definetly couldn't afford to use the car everyday with that fuel consumption. I assume you have to use Shell V-Power/BP Ultimate/Tesco 99RON fuel too?

Yeah me neither, I worked it out today!

Might buy myself a really cheap diesel as a runaround as it'll pay for itself within no time :o

Aido, I know its abit funny (can't imagine you driving one :P ) but an Audi A2 1.4TDI is a great buy. Its Road Tax band B, so the Road Tax is only £35 A YEAR!! Also the fuel economy is 65MPG+! :o

Can pick them up second hand from about four grand. Is the Aristo Road tax band F or G?

G is the new group isn't it??

The Aristo doesn't fall into it due to it's age. So it's £190ish a year.

Yes, they have to run on the higher octane stuff.

I average 18MPG, but it's not a daily driver, although looking like it might have to be soon.

Putting the turbos into TTC will help with MPG.

£4k on a runaround, plus insurance, going to be a long whil before it payed for itself.

Yeah i was thinking along the lines of a few hundred quid - the Aristo is fully paid for so my only costs are fuel and servicing, spend around 350 a month on fuel.

I find that the car gets better MPG on VPower than on Tesco's 99 RON stuff though - not sure why, seems smoother too!

You might be right on the grouping, all I know is it's classed on it being above a 1.8 litre engine which is an absolute winner :D

Are they figures for NA though mate?

Have to admit some of the Supra guys do seem to get better economy but they're lighter and that could be motorway driving which they're happier with - either that or mines just busted :(

True :D

It's still crap though even when I keep off the boost :(

Something doesn't sound right......

Hopefully the new sparkplugs can fix your issues mate.

Hopefully other Aristo guys are getting better economy.

Yeah mate definitely, I'm running 1.2 bar on mine, think Dave is running 1.2 with a burst scatter mode to 1.3 bar - seems to be fine.

Have to admit I'm assuming we're both still running the stock pumps, was looking at upgrading to a Walbro pump just to be on the safe side.

My car isn't supposed to have an FCD on it but seeing as the guage is reading those figures and holding them it obviously has had one fitted at some point at Pete's place :D

Rob Jonk and Norkep know a lot about the MK1 - I'm sure Rob was running over 1.1 bar without issue - probably more as he was getting some great power figures, definitely a good way past mine!

When I had mine done at Thor on dyno they said that the fuel just started to go lean

near the end/peak at 1.2 bar. The standard pump was just able to cope with it, they recommended that I changed/uprated my fuel pump only If I was going to have anyother mods done to car.

So I had the Walbro pump fitted.

Why don't you have an electronic boost controller fitted, so you can return boost back to standard.

I do this when wife drives the car.

All the best Paul.

@ Paul, yeah mate think that's the next step, like you say, leave the car at standard levels then the controller can raise when needs be :)

The spark plugs are being fitted tomorrow so we'll see how she goes - fingers crossed!

To be honest not entirely sure what the official figures are, if you do a search on here you'll find the official Aristo brochure with all the official figures from Toyota - I posted it a while ago as a PDF

I got more than that when i was driving Dave's about :D

Hopefully the sparks should fix it, if not that just leaves that intercooler pipework so we're getting close :D

I'll feel a right nob if these make a massive difference as I should have changed them ages ago and saved a fortune :o

Hmmmm, looks like I'll be keeping a close eye then tomorrow - should be getting similar to you Chips, could be time for those O2 sensors to be swapped out then but they've not raised any CEL's yet!

I've not worked it out properly but I've managed to get 300 - 325 miles out of a full tank on the motorway doing a constant 70-80mph with a VERY light foot. I know it took less than 1 1/2 tank to get to Bristol and back with a VERY light foot. That's with a regular spark plug change, regular oil change, regular oil filter change, stock power levels, etc.

Maybe that'll help you out somewhat?

If/when driven off boost and normally, the car will give you approximately the same mileage as a GS300, but if you floor it every chance you get, driving it like you stole it, you'll get crap mileage.

There's something definitely wrong with your car Aido, as even at those kind of speeds you're not on boost...so boost level has nothing to do with it...as the car is only making 50bhp (if not less) at the most to get to those kind of speeds and hold.

Check the spark plugs, and see if that helps. I've got a set of iridium plugs on mine - last changed about 4000 miles ago.