Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Folks, does anyone out there know why my MM does not display CD information when playing? It did briefly once, on a compilation CD that I had made. But it never recognises information from commercially bought CDs (ie CD name, track name etc). My local dealer was stumped, so I hope someone can give me a pointer.

Thanks.

Patey

Folks, does anyone out there know why my MM does not display CD information when playing? It did briefly once, on a compilation CD that I had made. But it never recognises information from commercially bought CDs (ie CD name, track name etc). My local dealer was stumped, so I hope someone can give me a pointer.

Thanks.

Patey

Commercially produced CDs do not, generally, contain the extended information within the track file. If you were to rip your commercial CD to your PC / Mac and then burn another copy you'd get the track info. (assuming it was present).

Thanks.

Patey

Commercially produced CDs do not, generally, contain the extended information within the track file. If you were to rip your commercial CD to your PC / Mac and then burn another copy you'd get the track info. (assuming it was present).

Ah, right, sounds like that would be it. Bit surprising that a homecooked version should have more data than a shop-bought one, but I won't get into that. I'll try your suggestion - thanks Si.

Thanks.

Patey

Ah, right, sounds like that would be it. Bit surprising that a homecooked version should have more data than a shop-bought one, but I won't get into that. I'll try your suggestion - thanks Si.

Some of mine do and I think it is only those with CD Text. As previous poster suggested, re-rip with (e.g. iTunes) as MP3 or with iTunes 7 as an audio CD and CD Text (need to select under the burning option in preferences).

Thanks.

Patey

Some of mine do and I think it is only those with CD Text. As previous poster suggested, re-rip with (e.g. iTunes) as MP3 or with iTunes 7 as an audio CD and CD Text (need to select under the burning option in preferences).

Thanks Scott.