Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

i have had my is220 for 5 months after having the old is200 for 3 years, although i am very happy with the new car iam slightly dissapointed with a few things on the car such as-

poor fuel consumption

rattles

quality of the paintwork

any body else got anyting to add?

i have had my is220 for 5 months after having the old is200 for 3 years, although i am very happy with the new car iam slightly dissapointed with a few things on the car such as-

poor fuel consumption

rattles

quality of the paintwork

Already been commented on to some length in (various) other posts...... :huh:

Is yours rattling

Mine isn't..but please don't start another rattle thread..... :eerrrmm: :yawn: ..or a paint thread, and the rate of consumption of diesel must already be one of the longest threads on the forum :D

poor fuel consumption

rattles

quality of the paintwork

I bought my IS-250 in Jan 07. I think it is a really great car except for one thing, which is the heating/venitlation system. It leaves me utterly bewildered and unable to get warm air where and when I want it. We can have warm bottoms and cold tops or vice versa, but NEVER together. The trouble with it, I believe, is that it is so automated and so programmed according to what Lexus think is right, that in the end I find myself continually fiddling with it to try and get it right for me. No success so far. I am sure it will be fine in the summer when we will be able to get cold air where and when we want it. Winter time is a different story though. I took it back to find out if anything can be done, and it seems that the problem is a sunshine sensor in the windscreen. When this picks up sunshine, it lowers the temperature by 3C and it cannot be disconnected, which would clearly be the answer. Why do they find this a good idea? What about sunny days in winter? The whole thing, at the moment is far too clever for me.

Any other thoughts on this?

John

I bought my IS-250 in Jan 07. I think it is a really great car except for one thing, which is the heating/venitlation system. It leaves me utterly bewildered and unable to get warm air where and when I want it. We can have warm bottoms and cold tops or vice versa, but NEVER together. The trouble with it, I believe, is that it is so automated and so programmed according to what Lexus think is right, that in the end I find myself continually fiddling with it to try and get it right for me. No success so far. I am sure it will be fine in the summer when we will be able to get cold air where and when we want it. Winter time is a different story though. I took it back to find out if anything can be done, and it seems that the problem is a sunshine sensor in the windscreen. When this picks up sunshine, it lowers the temperature by 3C and it cannot be disconnected, which would clearly be the answer. Why do they find this a good idea? What about sunny days in winter? The whole thing, at the moment is far too clever for me.

John

I have had my IS250 since September and haven't noticed any of the problems that you describe. I was unaware of any windscreen sensor. Have you found a reference to it in any Lexus literature.

I had to do the usual fiddling with outlet grill settings to make sure that I didn't get draughts on various sensitive spots and I have had to set it manually occasionally to do a quick windscreen clear, but apart from that, the system is set to auto and 19 degrees and has been virtually fiddle free.

I haven't yet driven it on any seriously hot days, so it remains to be seen how effective the cooling system will be.

John

I have had my IS250 since September and haven't noticed any of the problems that you describe. I was unaware of any windscreen sensor. Have you found a reference to it in any Lexus literature.

No. I was told about it by the service engineer at Lexus Brighton.

I had to do the usual fiddling with outlet grill settings to make sure that I didn't get draughts on various sensitive spots and I have had to set it manually occasionally to do a quick windscreen clear, but apart from that, the system is set to auto and 19 degrees and has been virtually fiddle free.

I haven't yet driven it on any seriously hot days, so it remains to be seen how effective the cooling system will be.