Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Where Is The Best Place?

Rikos

Hi all,

My brakes squeeking like a mouse on speed so had the pad edges sanded off as thought it would just be catching on the lip of the discs but seems to off got worse so guessing that wasnt it. I had them greesed up more than George Michael at a swingers party and still no joy. :unsure:

My pads contaminated apparantly (which i think is complete :tsktsk: ) so may need to get new discs and pads for the front. :angry:

Does anyone know where the best place to get standard discs and pads from and any ideas of prices.

Also if anyone has any ides as to what the problem may be i'd be thankful for any advice cheers everyone one.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all,

My brakes squeeking like a mouse on speed so had the pad edges sanded off as thought it would just be catching on the lip of the discs but seems to off got worse so guessing that wasnt it. I had them greesed up more than George Michael at a swingers party and still no joy. :unsure:

My pads contaminated apparantly (which i think is complete :tsktsk: ) so may need to get new discs and pads for the front. :angry:

Does anyone know where the best place to get standard discs and pads from and any ideas of prices.

Also if anyone has any ides as to what the problem may be i'd be thankful for any advice cheers everyone one.

Hi all,

Hi all,

I bought new discs (front and rear) from Brakesinternational .com. Front and rear for less than £150 including carriage. A good price I thought. Pads I bought from Estima Club on eBay, again a good price, I think £35 front and rear including carriage. So the whole caboodle was less than £180, not bad as Kwik Fit estimated at least £700 for the job. The squeal may be due to missing anti-squeal shims, these are frequently not replaced when brake pads are renewed. Another cause could be contaminated pads. If and when you do change your discs remember to release the parking brake and slacken the parking shoe adjusters in the rear drum prior to removal.

mate, its likely to be the composite of the pads not 'agreeing' with the disc material. I have this on mine and yes its annoying but no performance loss or anything.....change em when they're worn :winky: :D

Hi, I replaced my discs, front and rear, for less than £150, including carriage, from Brakesinternational.com. I purchased pads from Estima Club on eBay for about £35 including carriage, so the whole lot was less than £180, not a bad price considering Kwik Fit estimated it at around £700. As for the squeal this may be due to the anti-squeal shims being missing, these are often not replaced when brake pads are renewed. Otherwise it could be contamination of the pads, in which case they will need replacing to remedy. If you do change your discs remember to release the parking brake when changing the rear discs and also slacken the parking brake shoe adjusters in the rear drum prior to removal otherwise you'll never get them off.

Hi, I replaced my discs, front and rear, for less than £150, including carriage, from Brakesinternational.com. I purchased pads from Estima Club on Ebay for about £35 including carriage, so the whole lot was less than £180, not a bad price considering Kwik Fit estimated it at around £700. As for the squeal this may be due to the anti-squeal shims being missing, these are often not replaced when brake pads are renewed. Otherwise it could be contamination of the pads, in which case they will need replacing to remedy. If you do change your discs remember to release the parking brake when changing the rear discs and also slacken the parking brake shoe adjusters in the rear drum prior to removal otherwise you'll never get them off.

For a detailed description, including pics, go to Lexls.com, there are tutorials detailing how to change discs (rotors) and many other jobs on this site, I found it extremely useful.

mate, its likely to be the composite of the pads not 'agreeing' with the disc material. I have this on mine and yes its annoying but no performance loss or anything.....change em when they're worn :winky: :D

I don't know if i can put uo with it :crybaby: I'm driving through town and everyones turning and staring and not just because i've got a lexus :D

Would just changing the pads be an option if they're just not matching the discs. The discs and pads where both changed recently by an Audi garage by previous owner.

With the missing anti squeal shims (is that a joke or real :D ), can these but put on after if they are missing?