Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Here I Go Again

Great to hear that SPC Horsham have helped improve the way your car goes Yemgi.

But sad to hear of another Totally Disastrous Installation :tsktsk:

Is there any legal path you can take ? e.g. SPC Horsham writing a report saying how the parts supplied and installed by TDI made your car worse, therefore you could ask them for your money back ?

Not really sure there is anything to do, the work has been done more than 18 months ago, the car has been running as I put 20000 miles on it since then. I don't think mis-information can be prosecuted neither do I have the time and money to do it. The only think that has not been done properly by TDI as far as I am concerned is the mapping of the car, I can not fault the parts installation apart from the fact I did not needed them as I had been told

Some news on the car :)

After reading the posts on Dave and Adie's car, I went to SPC Horsham which is conveniently next door to where I leave as I have the same FCON symptoms: non working fuel guauge, car not starting first time, big black smoke when accelerating obviously overfuelling. I know the car was running rich as I asked TDI to map it so it is safe for the engine.

After a chat with Phil and Wayne, we put the car on the dyno to see how it goes.

The results were very interesting indeed, on 3 runs the car produced 196bhp and 160FtLb torque which is almost what I got at the TDI meet last year. Unfortunately there is a catch. The values from TDI are supposedly at the hubs whereas the ones at SPC Horsham are at the flywheel ... They measured the intake pressure, temperature and lambda at the exhaust.

First of all the boost pressure is at 0.25bars not the 0.45 that I have been told it was thanks to the Katana intercooler.

With a boost pressure almost the same as a standard TTE or slightly lower, it is hardly surprising that the car is in fact producing less than a standard supercharged one.

The lambda values showed that the car was running very rich all the way in fact it was richer on the low end than on the top end ...

To say I am gutted is an understatement, I spent £7000 to add parts to my already supercharged IS200 to make it run worse than it was before :tsktsk:

I decided to leave the car to SPC so they can try sort things out.

I just picked it up this evening, it is no longer producing big black smokes, the lambda values are now sensible and it produces 10 more bhp all along the revs. The torque has been increased to a constant 190+ FtLb from 3200 revs. Phil and Wayne told me that the fuel gauge issue should be sorted soon as they are working on it. Ike who did the new mapping told me that as long as the SC speed does not increase, there is no way I can get much more power than what it is supposed to produce which is 200bhp so the only way forward is a bigger pulley which I already have thanks to Prolex, I just have to wait for the stroker kit to be available now :P

Overall I am very thankful to SPC Horsham, the service has been very friendly and efficient. I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Phil and Wayne told me that the fuel gauge issue should be sorted soon as they are working on it.

Ive been told Phil and Wayne know how to sort this problem :question: mind you, if thay had wired in in right in the 1st place you would not of had this problem :winky:

I still dont understand why people were going to them? Who was saying they was so great etc? as they were all ready traders on here before I arrived end of 2005 :(

Glad it's getting better Yemgi, but why didnt you get it checked sooner? Down to cost?

I had no special reason to doubt about the figures and the car was running. If there had not been Dave's post I would probably still not have had it checked

true so good to see the forums are helping abit in that respect, the costs spent at TDI are now getting to silly figures surely.This is shocking that these cowboys are still allowed to trade..

WOW...interesting stuff, i didn't even know you was having issues with the car.

But its good to hear that they are all but sorted out now, and that someone is solving the fuel guage issue.

is this Phil and Wayne......as in Phil(big Audi) and Wayne(hilux)

Yemgi I feel for you mate, at least your engine is still in one peice! I can't believe TDI have done this to yet another member of the club.

Just wait until Mr Fever reads these posts, as im sure he will be next :o

Is Neil still about then? What did he have done?

• 1 month later...

I am surprised and saddened to hear about this, and I have to say that it does not sound right to me at all and suspect that there is more to this than meets the eye.

I hope you will not mind helping me get to the bottom of this, so I will email you shortly with a request for information so that I can undertake an analysis.

Thank you in advance

I doubt whether I’ll be replying to any posts, so if anyone wants to ask me any questions about this or anything else, please email me. Thanks

I am surprised and saddened to hear about this, and I have to say that it does not sound right to me at all and suspect that there is more to this than meets the eye.

I hope you will not mind helping me get to the bottom of this, so I will email you shortly with a request for information so that I can undertake an analysis.

Thank you in advance

I doubt whether I’ll be replying to any posts, so if anyone wants to ask me any questions about this or anything else, please email me. Thanks

I do love the mock "genuine concern". It's the funniest post I have seen on LOC in 2009

Thank you in advance

:lol: you wanting information :lol: hope you get the same response, you give your customers when they wanting information off yourself :winky: wooops we have lost it, but you can have paper copy :P