Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Got a new Blackberry 8800 today, and got it setup with the MM system, and it works perfectly.

I get signal strength and Battery level indication, and it auto connects everytime.

It also supports sending the entire address book to the MM system, and also supports multiple numbers for one person. I have 4 numbers stored against most of my contacts (Home, Work, Mobile & fax) and they appear in the MM system as 2 entries for each contact, with the home & mobile in one entry and work & fax in another entry. The MM system has even put the correct icons next to the numbers i.e picture of little house next to the Home number.

I had a Blackberry 8700 before, and it worked really well apart from the address book transfer (just would not let me do it).

So if your looking for a new smartphone that works well with your MM system, you should consider the Blackberry 8800. It even looks quite good, although some might say its a little big, but hey it is a smartphone, so that is understandable.

Hope this info is useful to someone.

Darren

I had a Blackberry 8700 before, and it worked really well apart from the address book transfer, Darren

Darren

Your post helped me with our Blackberrys - we have BB 8100 and a BB 8700. The 8100 now works well, including address book transfer, but the 8700 cuts out as soon as you try to transfer the book.

thanks

Hi Guys just for info for anyone interested

i've just bought an sony Ericsson K750i and it works a treat in my lexy is 220d se-l there was no problems transfering my address book to it and instant conection via blue tooth soon as i start the car up(Well recomended) :D :D :D :D

Cheers Leddy

I had a Blackberry 8700 before, and it worked really well apart from the address book transfer, Darren

Darren

Your post helped me with our Blackberrys - we have BB 8100 and a BB 8700. The 8100 now works well, including address book transfer, but the 8700 cuts out as soon as you try to transfer the book.

thanks

Make sure you have the engine running when you do the transfer

...my dealer has advised me that, although other phones work well, the best functionality is achieved with the Sony Ericsson models.

To help customers who don't have one, yet would like to transfer their SIM card info into the MM unit, our dealer is purchasing a phone that we will be able to drop our SIM card into and transfer the data across in a couple of minutes.

I don't recall my BMW dealership ever being that helpful, especially when it meant them incurring a cost :lol:

• 8 months later...

Martin,

How did you get your 8100 to work.

Thanks,

Ted

Darren

thanks

Hi Guys just for info for anyone interested

i've just bought an sony Ericsson K750i and it works a treat in my lexy is 220d se-l there was no problems transfering my address book to it and instant conection via blue tooth soon as i start the car up(Well recomended) :D :D :D :D

Cheers Leddy

i could not agree with you any more sony ericsson are one of the best phones for the lexus

i have k510i and it never fails to connect when i start the car :winky:

hey guys. does the phone work well with samsung e900? or any other samsungs? otherwise will use my sons sony ericsson k610, but will have to transfer phonebook. has anyone tried with a samsung?

I had a Samsung J600 and the Bluetooth connection was pants - good at my end but much buzzing at the other. Swapped handset for a Nokia Express Music and it works a treat - the BT signal strength bit even registers the signal now!

Just switched from a SE 800i to a Nokia N95 8GB...works fine, transfers complete contacts list with multiple numbers for each and connects whenever in range. Pity I can't transfer the DVD's :whistling:

Im with Toque 22

I have a Blackberry 8100 and it disconnects at will, one call works the next won't

it even drops or picks up calls mid way through, and the call quality is very poor

the signal fades in and out in waves which leaves the listener catching half the

conversation.

I hear Lexus can reset the Bluetooth system in the car, but will this make any difference ?

Infinity......

• 1 month later...

SE's tend to be the best. But I think most phones are getting there now. The manufacturers are making sure that the phones are compatible with the full set of instruction/API for not just basic call functions, but Battery strength, signal strength etc. Until now, the domain was mainly for headsets. Now the car kits are commanding the development. Sony Ericson was always ahead of the game.

• 1 month later...

The phone compatibility list is here...

http://www.lexus.co.uk/Images/Compatibilit...m585-734083.pdf

I think I'm going to buy the Sony Ericsson K800i as it is fully compatible.

Ok it's not the latest model but apparently you can get it for 68 quid as a pre-pay phone (I'm in Sweden at the moment using a Swedish keyboard !).