Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

104 Octane Biofuel

IRLRs200

So lads some Maxol garages are starting to sell this bioethanol fuel in Ireland. With a small converter hooked up u can run ur car on 104Ron. Anything smilar too this in UK?

Would this make the car run better or worse considering the car is mapped to run on 100Ron?

20cent cheaper per litre too! :D

So lads some Maxol garages are starting to sell this bioethanol fuel in Ireland. With a small converter hooked up u can run ur car on 104Ron. Anything smilar too this in UK?

Would this make the car run better or worse considering the car is mapped to run on 100Ron?

20cent cheaper per litre too!

Rodge has not yet proven any of his claims, we have not seen pics of it fitted to his car or got any figures from the dyno. Even if you buy it from him @360 euro it will take 10 months to pay for itself (Depending on how much fuel you use). So singing its praises at this stage on another forum is premature to say the least.

20cent cheaper per litre too!

Rodge has not yet proven any of his claims, we have not seen pics of it fitted to his car or got any figures from the dyno. Even if you buy it from him @360 euro it will take 10 months to pay for itself (Depending on how much fuel you use). So singing its praises at this stage on another forum is premature to say the least.

Don't think that Dan or myself are singing any praises..... :blink:

read it again and you can see Dan was asking a question...

Don't be so negative.... we have to live in hope :D

• 2 months later...
if it gives more proformance id be all up for it but ive still got loads of questions about it

So being running the car on E85 Ethanol biofuel for about the last month now, everything going fine, only problem is with the cold starts. The Fuel comes out at the pumps with a mix of 85% Ethanol/15% unleaded. So when i fill up with a full tank of this the car is very hard to start when cold. It would take about 10 seconds of funny noises and judders! apart from that its fine. So i probably need to stick in about 10 litres of normal unleaded per full tank to solve this issue.Going to do an oil/oil filter change soon and get it dyno'ed, and figures crossed there is an increase in power!

if it gives more proformance id be all up for it but ive still got loads of questions about it

So being running the car on E85 Ethanol biofuel for about the last month now, everything going fine, only problem is with the cold starts. The Fuel comes out at the pumps with a mix of 85% Ethanol/15% unleaded. So when i fill up with a full tank of this the car is very hard to start when cold. It would take about 10 seconds of funny noises and judders! apart from that its fine. So i probably need to stick in about 10 litres of normal unleaded per full tank to solve this issue.Going to do an oil/oil filter change soon and get it dyno'ed, and figures crossed there is an increase in power!

Measured in Cowpower? 200 bcp :lol:...whoops sorry 216 bcp...

• 8 months later...