Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Guys,

I have the IS250 petrol auto, I find the engine is really really ticky, I have checked the oil, however I think this may be a fuel pump type of tick than a tappet noise. Anyone out there have the same noise from theirs?

Guys,

I have the IS250 petrol auto, I find the engine is really really ticky, I have checked the oil, however I think this may be a fuel pump type of tick than a tappet noise. Anyone out there have the same noise from theirs?

Think the ticking is from the fuel injection system (pump?). Only noticed it on mine when the bonnet is up and of course the engine running :D

... it's your high pressure fuel injectors (the price you pay for good fuel economy) :)

good fuel economy?

Came back from Leeds yesterday, around 220 miles ....averaged 33 mpg @ average speed of 73 mph :ohmy:

Good economy? Well, the ticking noise is caused by the extremely high pressure in the fuel injectors. The pressure assists the optimisation of the fuel charge and its spray patternisation, minimising fuel waste, and thereby supporting fuel efficiency.

My 250 SE-L Auto has never shown below 30 mpg over a tank, and has regularly given me 38~40 on a run; I'd suggest after my previous car that that's good economy :)

Mark

• 1 month later...
Guys,

only noticed this the past few days but when I start the car up there is a rattle/ticking coming from the Instrument panel.never noticed it before anyone else had this? rather post it on here first rather than make myself look a prat at the dealership! :blush:

Guys,

only noticed this the past few days but when I start the car up there is a rattle/ticking coming from the Instrument panel.never noticed it before anyone else had this? rather post it on here first rather than make myself look a prat at the dealership! :blush:

I had the noise from the instrument panel too...it sounded like a rachett noise when the dials move around quickly at startup. I had the instrument panel replaced under warranty.

Take it in a let the dealership have a look :)

• 4 weeks later...
Guys,

Well took into Lexus B'ham last week,Tech told me to book it in and they'd have a look at it.So Booked and told they would need it for 2 days.

Been in today.Got a Phone call at 4pm Car ready!

new Instrument panel (ODO only shows 11 mile now) :winky:

and a replacement wheel as well due to them noticing some corrosion on one of the rear wheels.

Great job!!

How many miles had you done before the panel was changed?

it had just ovet15.7k on the Clock before they changed the instrument panel(it's been written in the service history book)although it did start making a noise about 600 mile before.

How many miles had you done before the panel was changed?

it had just ovet15.7k on the Clock before they changed the instrument panel(it's been written in the service history book)although it did start making a noise about 600 mile before.

I did wonder whether they would make a note of it, or allow you to "fudge" the mileage!