Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I Want To Paint My Calipers In Red?

Hi All!

The current calipers colour is grey, i want it stand out more, so im deciding on doing it in a red colour!

I know alot of people on here have painted their calipers, any advice on what i need to buy? cost etc? And how it would be done as they are already on the car?

thanks!

You need some red paint :)

Mate try the search button, it's got all the information you'll ever need!

At this rate the lads will send you to Coventry :P

Hi All!

The current calipers colour is grey, i want it stand out more, so im deciding on doing it in a red colour!

I know alot of people on here have painted their calipers, any advice on what i need to buy? cost etc? And how it would be done as they are already on the car?

thanks!

Here you go..for a reverend your not very helpful Aido :D

Anyways I recently posted this on the US forum for a similar query

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...?showtopic=5602

Use Red Hammerite smooth...about 6 quid for a small pot, and to be honest I always find it easier to take the calipers off the hub (two bolts) so you can orientate the caliper when painting rather than trying to paint it in situ. Logos from Steve/club shop....and yes you'll also need a brush..I can manage with a brush about 10mm-15mm wide, small flat shape preferably.

You need some red paint :)

Mate try the search button, it's got all the information you'll ever need!

At this rate the lads will send you to Coventry :P

:)

alot of car accessory shops do caliper paint..pretty easy to do n follow instructions. they usually come with sprays to clean the dust etc off. just did mine other day......

I've been debating what colour to do mine. Not sure which colour but I fancy the combination of red with black Lexus lettering (although I do like the idea of that colour, I'm not sure if it would suit my car). The other combinations I have in mind are:

black with silver Lexus lettering

silver with black Lexus lettering

Jamie

I've been debating what colour to do mine. Not sure which colour but I fancy the combination of red with black Lexus lettering (although I do like the idea of that colour, I'm not sure if it would suit my car). The other combinations I have in mind are:

black with silver Lexus lettering

silver with black Lexus lettering

Jamie

I used to have black with white decals but I didnt really think they were that noticeable. Now got red with white decals and think it looks alot better :)

Here are a few picture sof my bronze ones. The pictures in my registry don't have the bronze brake calipers, the pictures are well old.

anyway here are the photo's, i used just normal hammerite bronze metal paint. Made sure i spent ages cleaning off all the brake dust though!!!!!

registry_gallery-217-1176657447.jpg

registry_gallery-217-1176657461.jpg

as you can see they are not 100% clean now!!!!! basically im lazy!

hope this helps!

Jason :P

Hi All!

thanks!

Here you go..for a reverend your not very helpful Aido :D

Anyways I recently posted this on the US forum for a similar query

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...?showtopic=5602

Use Red Hammerite smooth...about 6 quid for a small pot, and to be honest I always find it easier to take the calipers off the hub (two bolts) so you can orientate the caliper when painting rather than trying to paint it in situ. Logos from Steve/club shop....and yes you'll also need a brush..I can manage with a brush about 10mm-15mm wide, small flat shape preferably.

Apparently Hammerite has flamable contents in it, so it not recommended, your best bet is non-flamamble paint.

Allthough I used Hammerite on my previous car, I wouldn't use it on a Lexus!