Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I Want To Paint My Calipers In Red?

Apparently Hammerite has flamable contents in it, so it not recommended, your best bet is non-flamamble paint.

Allthough I used Hammerite on my previous car, I wouldn't use it on a Lexus!

Not recommended by who? Quite agree it's flammable in the tin, but the flammable content is the solvent which evapoates off as it dries. The finished coat isn't flammable. It's been on my IS200 Sport for three years and looks as good as the day it was painted (every time I clean the dust off) so now it's also on the calipers of my IS250.

black with silver Lexus lettering

silver with black Lexus lettering

Jamie

I have been thinking the same Jamie

I want to just tidy them up, dont want them to stand out

I did mine in black. but would look great with some silver lettering.

Chrome caliper stickers used to be available...not sure if they still are :unsure:

i have just saw white carbon stickers and i think that might look nice

i used halfrauds caliper paint and it did as it said on the tin

White carbon? Carbon fibre, by it's very nature, is black... Why would someone go to the effort of putting the weave effect onto something, and then make it patently obvious that it's not really carbon?

I dunno... :duh:

i have just saw white carbon stickers and i think that might look nice

i used halfrauds caliper paint and it did as it said on the tin

White carbon? Carbon fibre, by it's very nature, is black... Why would someone go to the effort of putting the weave effect onto something, and then make it patently obvious that it's not really carbon?

I dunno... :duh:

here it is for all to see!

True carbon fibre is black but not in the way most people think. The carbon weave pattern that looks so nice often isn't much more than a top layer just for show. "white carbon" is covered with the same layer only there have been Aluminium threads woven in (in the same way you get red bluw of yellow "carbon").

Real (or nude) carbon is black, not very attracktiven and looks far from perfect.

That is the eBay seller I used to buy my decals, highly recommend him. Had them on a year and still looking good, also they are curved slightly to fit the front caliper better..........Oh and I used silver Smooth Hammerite with no problems at all with black decals.

Keith

It's been on my IS200 Sport for three years and looks as good as the day it was painted (every time I clean the dust off) so now it's also on the calipers of my IS250.

The Hammerite red on my IS200!!! Still going strong and as I said 'as good as' etc. What you talking about black200? :huh:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links