Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Indicator Flashes When Locking

when u lock the car they should flash once or twice i think but some times they flash like 4/5 times i think its sayin some sort of error code any one have a list of how many flashes equals what error

when u lock the car they should flash once or twice i think but some times they flash like 4/5 times i think its sayin some sort of error code any one have a list of how many flashes equals what error

Hello mate

I was told they flash once when you lock and if you push the button to lock again it should flash 5 times which mine does, the second time you lock activates the double locking but not 100% sure mines a 2000 model and i know my dads is different being a 2002 model but it still something to do with the deadlocks on the car that i know of but dont quote me on this as i might be wrong??

Chris... :)

One lock it flashes once. When you double lock it mine flashes 6 times.

I thought the double lock was to disable the interior sensors so if you leave a dog in the car the alarm won't go off

Ay up Lee,

i was told that by lexus but where they said the interior sensors were on my 2000 model it hasn't got them in the light fittings from what i can see but my dads 02 model has? again not sure? think it tells you in the owners hand book on page114?

think it must depend on the model/year of the car??

Chris... :)

There were 2 locking systems on the IS.......

If your car is pre 2001:

One press (one flash): Car is locked, interior protection on, and doors deadlocked

Two presses (5 flashes): Car remains locked, interior protection off, deadlocks removed

If your car is post 2001:

One press (one flash): Car is locked, interior protection on, no deadlocks

Two presses (no further flash): Stays as above, but doors are deadlocked

Hope that helps :)

Cheers for that, I was curious as well tbh. Mine does the latter and is a 2002. Curious as to why they removed the second flurry of flashes though. Hmmmm?

J

Think it was a security issue - accidentally press the button twice with the old system meant that the car was not deadlocked and the interior sensors were disabled

With the new system, you can press the lock button as many times as you like and the car stays fully secured B)

So what do you have to do to disable interior protection if you leave a dog in the car?

So what do you have to do to disable interior protection if you leave a dog in the car?

Using the interior lock button, you need to lock and unlock the car 5 times - then shut the door and lock with the remote, interior sensors are then disabled.

Never actually tried it tho :)

Using the interior lock button, you need to lock and unlock the car 5 times - then shut the door and lock with the remote, interior sensors are then disabled.

Never actually tried it tho :)

Thats like a secret hand shake but to get out the car :lol:

Also if you press the lock button twice accidently so that the car is not deadlocked and interior sensors are off. Instead of unlocking the car and locking the car to get it secure agagin just press the lock button again and the deadlocks will be back on and interior sensors back on. :D