Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus----the Persuit Of Perfection!

Lexii are probably the most reliable cars in the World,are @ the forefront of Innovation & produce Stylish cars that constantly attract admiring/envious glances from fellow Motorists.

The Pursuit of Perfection is relentless & is based on many critical factors where Customer Feedback is Key to secure the Goal & is a Partnership between the Customer & the Supplier that requires us to allow "them"

to fix an issue should it occur.

Sadly, one or to on this Forum do suffer Niggles but I get the distinct impression with Build Issues that people are concerned that Lexus,via their Dealer, will make the situation worse.

In nearly a Decade of Lexi, I have had my share of Niggles BUT all have been resolved perfectly & significantly I have satisfied the Pursuit Contract By allowing Lexus access to resolve imperfections i.e.the Lexus Knowledge Base has been added to, to further the Pursuit whilst satisfying my personal desire to erase the Fault!

Continuous Progress to Perfection needs Customer Feedback & Support & it really does work to the benefit of both Parties.

I am not alone in my conviction & I urge the few who doubt" to honour their Contract" & realise their Dream.

Tel driving:

What are Lexi and Lexii? There's no such thing. :duh:

They can have access to my sat/nav anytime they like. They will have to come and get it though as I would probably get lost bringing it to them. Still no reply from Lexus or the dealer to my last letter :angry:

Lexii &/or Lexi is the plural of Lexus.

For some reason a lot of people believe communication by Letter really does work BUT the best way always is to meet them Face to Face & talk through the Issue followed by a Road Test if appropriate.

You need to establish a good relationship with your Technician so he knows your standards / expectations & your car.

I have enjoyed/enjoy an excellent relationship with my Technicians who know I will return immediately If the Issue has not been fully resolved.

Letters & E-mails lie in the in-tray,one to one communication always works even if that means you go elsewhere!

Tel :driving:

For some reason a lot of people believe communication by Letter really does work BUT the best way always is to meet them Face to Face & talk through the Issue followed by a Road Test if appropriate.

You need to establish a good relationship with your Technician so he knows your standards / expectations & your car.

I have enjoyed/enjoy an excellent relationship with my Technicians who know I will return immediately If the Issue has not been fully resolved.

Letters & E-mails lie in the in-tray,one to one communication always works even if that means you go elsewhere!

Lexi or Lexii is NOT the plural of Lexus. The plural of Lexus is Lexus. You don't get Mercedi or Mercediis. The only person that uses Lexii is Alan Partridge.

Lexi or Lexii is NOT the plural of Lexus. The plural of Lexus is Lexus. You don't get Mercedi or Mercediis. The only person that uses Lexii is Alan Partridge.

... yep, it's like 'fish'; the plural is 'fish'. The plural of 'Lexus' is 'Lexus' :)

- Mark

Clearly not Latin scholars then?

Lexii is used by CAR Magazine as well as other Publications but,in any event,I was posting a method of approach that ensures success to help fellow members of the Club:the spin on Lexus is irrelavant.

Tel

Clearly not Latin scholars then?

Lexii is used by CAR Magazine as well as other Publications but,in any event,I was posting a method of approach that ensures success to help fellow members of the Club:the spin on Lexus is irrelavant.

Tel

Actually I am a Latin scholar :). My favourite subject at school.

IF Lexus was a Latin word and you wanted to make it plural it would be Lexi. It would be a pointless task though because Lexus was made up by Toyota and if you ask them they will tell you the plural is the same as the singular. As to why CAR magazine journos use it - that's why they write for CAR and not decent publications. Either that or they are all closet Alan Partridges.

Getting back to the pursuit of perfection - all I can say is that at the moment perfection is getting away and they need to step up the pace. The IS is a great car but it could have been so much better if they had put in that last 5% of effort to get it right first time.

Tel, I know where you're coming from and I agree to some extent. The drivers from the dark side give the car an envious glance - no doubt!! It's like most things though - they would never buy one. Take my family for an example. All BMW lovers - they would rather have Merc's then have a Lex, which they say has no real pedigree. The only Credit it can claim is to have made more then 24,000,000 Corolla's! Toyota and Lexus have little History - which most European exec's can claim - on the track or Engineering wise.

I veered away, and became the darker sheep when I bought a Lexus.

As ar as the "Pursuit of perfection" is concerned, Lexus do have some things to learn. For example, the IS (both generations) have as much leg room as a Golf (less when you consider the huge rear tunnel), a small boot etc. Also, the car has 50/50 weight balance being RWD, but you wouldn't know. Jump into a BMW, chuck it around a bend, and it brings a smile to your face - the balance under cornering is notably better, as is the feel in the steering.

These are fundamental things in this sector - most Lexus owners are likely to have a young family, if it's to appeal to Junior Execs then these things are considered by prospective buyers. That is where the competition just win hands down! Where the competition cannot win, however, is in mechanical reliability - where Toyota's, Lexus and other Jap cars seem to win.

Also, Lexus's refusal to build an Auto diesel means that people laugh and go elsewhere! Especially when you consider that the Lexus Auto is oooo good - it could have made a car with gearing deficiencies so much better and broadened it's appeal to Merc Diesel drivers.

One final thing - I have a shocking response to my Auto Locking query...see appropriate post!

Lexus was/is the American Super Luxury Division of Toyota which was formed in the late 80's to take on the mighty German Execs in the most important Market in the World given heritage was a huge hurdle to overcome.

To-day,however,Lexus outsell Bm/Mercedes/Audi combined in the US Exec Market & continue along with Toyota to be a huge success which has now turned to Asia.

The products sell on VFM,innovation & reliability with Style now gaining more significance.

The IS 220d was really produced for the UK Corporate Market where Autos are not popular with Fleet Managers whilst Europe has been targeted for continual growth.Toyota/Lexus Customer Service leads the Automotive World & is the envy of all its Competitors based on the core pursuit of Family Values which generate huge Customer Satisfaction & Sales!

The equivalent Bm to my Auto SEL costsc.7k. more,is less reliable , depreciates faster & is more expensive to operate but I do except,ride apart,the German car will corner better.

The above is key to my decision making but to others it does not count a jot for a multitude of reasons that continuously challenge the Marketing Gurus.

Wouldn't do for us all to be the same!

Lexus was/is the American Super Luxury Division of Toyota which was formed in the late 80's to take on the mighty German Execs in the most important Market in the World given heritage was a huge hurdle to overcome.

To-day,however,Lexus outsell Bm/Mercedes/Audi combined in the US Exec Market & continue along with Toyota to be a huge success which has now turned to Asia.

The products sell on VFM,innovation & reliability with Style now gaining more significance.

The IS 220d was really produced for the UK Corporate Market where Autos are not popular with Fleet Managers whilst Europe has been targeted for continual growth.Toyota/Lexus Customer Service leads the Automotive World & is the envy of all its Competitors based on the core pursuit of Family Values which generate huge Customer Satisfaction & Sales!

The equivalent Bm to my Auto SEL costsc.7k. more,is less reliable , depreciates faster & is more expensive to operate but I do except,ride apart,the German car will corner better.

The above is key to my decision making but to others it does not count a jot for a multitude of reasons that continuously challenge the Marketing Gurus.

Wouldn't do for us all to be the same!

Are you cutting and pasting this? lol

Couple of points; Lexus is not "Super Luxury". that would be Rolls Royce, Maybach, Aston etc. It's a luxury division of Toyota and none the worse for that.

The American market was an easier nut to crack than the European one as it is more open to new entrants whereas the Euro market is very fixed on the heritage of the German marques, something that Lexus really struggles against outside the UK. You could also argue that the American market was easier for Lexus to conquer than their own home market of Japan - witness how they have struggled there since launching.

Value for money wise Lexus are good value to purchase, although that is a double edged sword in that the public doesn't then see them as an equivalent to BMW, Audi & Mercedes. There is a school of thought that says Lexus will never be considered alongside those three until it charges comparible prices.

I can't agree that Lexus offer a value for money proposition to run - mine is coming up for it's 30k service which will cost £250, meaning that since new I have spent £750 on servicing costs compared to £250 for my Audi. The new IS was trumpeted for it's low running costs - I can't see it. My local dealer charges £90 an hour! When I queried this they justified it by saying it was the same as Porsche charged - hardly the same.

One area where Lexus excelled at was Customer Satisfaction, however the rest have caught up now and just having nice premises and free coffee is no longer enough. Infiniti are launching in the UK and are promising levels of customer care unheard of by any marque in the UK. It will be interesting to see what they are like.

:blink: ...not so sure that Lexus has struggled in Japan - it's just that most of the 'Lexus' cars that we know (Soarer, Altezza etc.) are still badged as 'Toyota' over there, and sell in good volume.

I also think that the incredible sales of the TMMK Kentucky plant's Camry, winner of numerous JD Power awards, certainly laid the way for Lexus' American conquest :winky: (and the Americans' own inferior offerings...)

As for the other dealers catching up, my last BMW dealer is the reason for me now owning a Lexus :lol:

- Mark

My take on the pursuit of perfection is for them to as a minimum get it right and where possible exceed my expectations. I have two recent different takes on this:

Lexus Wolverhampton performed service, carried out warranty work ( rattles, squeaks and replaced wheels ) and they exceeded my expectations. Kept in contact advised me of what was going on and have returned the car after two visits ( one fore service and one for warranty ) as I like to see it. Thumbs up.

Lexus GB, I emailed from the website and asked them to confirm the exact spec. of the front Bridgestone tyres so I could get replacements and also for further information on the Voice Commands available. Even after questioning the reply on the tyres the told me a tyre that Bridgesone don't make :( On the voice command they suggested a visit to my local Lexus dealer :( Also quote "If you do not know how to find your local Lexus Centre" - I have owned a Lexus cars for over 3 years now so am well able to find either my local Lexus centre or one I want to deal with.

A word of warning on the tyres ( tried to find another post to add this too but can't locate it from the search ):

My IS250SE car is fitted with Bridgestone Potenza 225/45 R17 90W RE050 and all of that is important. Also is important is the compound E050EZ. If you quote from the Internet or phone your local tyre stockist make sure you quote all this information otherwise you will not get like for like tyres. I have only discovered this as one tyre retailer asked me to take the car to them to double check the specification and it took two calls to Bridgestone and two to their head office to ensure they have ordered the correct tyres.

All this stuff is slightly worrying for those who consider purchasing one of the newer Lexus models in the future - where do you all think the failing is?

My dealer has always been brilliant with my mk1 IS, and any problem has always been resolved well. I'm surprised that could have suddenly changed with the launch of a new range of cars........surely the dealers that were good are still good?

Btw, latin scholar or not, I wouldn't take CAR magazine as a good place to learn grammar........

I'm pretty sure as Lexus is a name, and therefore a proper noun, the plural is LEXUSES :)

... as an engineer having worked in Europe, the States and Japan for Toyota Motor Corporation, including the new development Motomachi plant, Tsutsumi, Kamigo, Honsha etc., I can inform you once and for all that, having had discussions with 'Lexus' project engineers and asking them the same question (whilst wanting to know the plural of Avensis at the time, which similarly just happens to be Avensis) that the plural of 'Lexus' is indeed 'Lexus'

You don't need to be a scholar or language expert, that's just the way it is :)

- Mark

All this stuff is slightly worrying for those who consider purchasing one of the newer Lexus models in the future - where do you all think the failing is?

My dealer has always been brilliant with my mk1 IS, and any problem has always been resolved well. I'm surprised that could have suddenly changed with the launch of a new range of cars........surely the dealers that were good are still good?

Btw, latin scholar or not, I wouldn't take CAR magazine as a good place to learn grammar........

I'm pretty sure as Lexus is a name, and therefore a proper noun, the plural is LEXUSES :)

It's got to be due to the volume of cars selling, which I believe has increase. Before it used to be like the "Carlsberg" advert - no issues, no problems, tough cars etc. Now they are sellig more cars with niggling problems, and I suspect they have been caught off guard!

All thie Lexus, Lexi, Lexus's stuff is so boring. They are Lexuses - or Lexus's

I call mine 'Lexi (pronounced lexee), which is short for Alexis :blush:

... as an engineer having worked in Europe, the States and Japan for Toyota Motor Corporation, including the new development Motomachi plant, Tsutsumi, Kamigo, Honsha etc., I can inform you once and for all that, having had discussions with 'Lexus' project engineers and asking them the same question (whilst wanting to know the plural of Avensis at the time, which similarly just happens to be Avensis) that the plural of 'Lexus' is indeed 'Lexus'

- Mark

As I tried so eloquently and humbly (in my experience of having worked for the company for many years) to say above:

One Lexus.

Two Lexus.

Like one fish, two fish.

It's not a matter of opinion, it is a fact :excl: .

- Mark.

- Mark

As I tried so eloquently and humbly (in my experience of having worked for the company for many years) to say above:

One Lexus.

Two Lexus.

Like one fish, two fish.

It's not a matter of opinion, it is a fact :excl: .

- Mark.

Soon it's gonna appear in the Oxford Dictionary (please don't tell me it already does) at this rate :lol: