Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tyres - Point Of Purchase

Ian S

Hi all,

I need some new rubber. Have been looking around; :hocus-pokus: found these guys;

http://Mytyres.net

Has anyone had dealings with them previously? Are the prices ok?

Hankook *** VENTUS K102

215/45 ZR17 87W £ 66,90

Matador *** MP41

215/45 R17 87W £ 68,50

Toyo *** PROXES T1-S

215/45 ZR17 87W Rim-protection £ 80,70

Firestone *** Firehawk SZ40

215/45 R17 87W £ 81,60

Thanks for the feedback, muchos appreciated!

Reckon i wil go for the Toyo's, although concerned about tyre wear.

Dealer fit price = 12ukp (valve balance, VAT). back street should be good for 5ukp :D

;Dealer pricing (215/45/17) = 180ukp (Bridgestone i think?)

• 2 weeks later...

Not a happy bunny.

Order tyres, not in when 1st attempt made to deliver. Carrier (Parcel Line) has now 'lost' the tyres.

Mytyres.net have been great through this, are now shipping another set & sorting out Parcel Line.

Whats the betting some goon @ Parcel Line is now driving around with a neat pair of Toyo's? Goddamn it.

Arggg!

• 1 month later...

I managed to get 215/45ZR17 Dunlop Sport SP 9000 (Standard IS200 Tyre) for £117 each including vat, balance, valves and fitting form Grays Tyres in Twickenham.

Not bad considering Lexus wanted nearly £200 each for them, what's more they were sitting on my wheels two hours after phoning for a quote!!

Not a happy bunny.

Order tyres, not in when 1st attempt made to deliver. Carrier (Parcel Line) has now 'lost' the tyres.

Mytyres.net have been great through this, are now shipping another set & sorting out Parcel Line.

Whats the betting some goon @ Parcel Line is now driving around with a neat pair of Toyo's? Goddamn it.

Arggg!

I ordered 4 new Toyos from mytyres two weeks ago and Parcel Line messed up on my order too. I rang mytyres to find out where my tyres were (they should have been 5 days but still had not arrived after 10) and apparantly <_< Parcel Line had tried to deliver them twice but could not find my place of work!!! I rang them and they had the full address and postcode but could not find it :angry:

The best bit about it is, when the driver finally turned up, it was the same driver who always delivers from Parcel Line and he has been hundreds of times before :arrrggg-matey:

Parcel Line seem to employ muppets for drivers :duh:

I use Goodyear F1 all round for fast road and track use.

Very good, side walls didn't cave in on heavy cornering.

3 laps round the track and the cornering is 100%+increased with the heat, quite an incredible tyre dry or wet.

I pay around £115 exc.VAT each for 17x8 F1's.

Forgot to mention - tried dumping 330bhp thru rear wheels with P6000's which I originally had - crap, big traction problem.

Dumping 330bhp from rolling start in WET no problem for Goodyear F1!!!

Next tyres are road-legal slicks.

• 4 weeks later...

Just had 2 new rear tyres on my GS300 Sport MK1. As I do lots of mileage, going the budget route offers a big saving, that said the Hankook Ventus Plus seem to be a good tyre, not too noisy and the grip seem to be more than sufficient for my driving.

Local dealer charged £129 each, fitted and balanced which is not bad considering the equivalent Michelins would have been £400 per tyre :ohmy:

275/35/ZR18

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links