Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Knock Knock Knocking

si's_lex

• 3 months later...
yep, its just the pads moving in the caliper. perfectly normal.

...yet very annoying. Is this a job for copper slip on the back of the pads? Lexus changed them at great expense, should I have to tell them what to do?

Just get the white grease from Toyota or Lexus. It looks like toothpaste, put the grease into the clips that sit on the carrier, as well as on both ends of the pads. The noise will be gone for good as long as you do not place the jetwash hose too close.

Just get the white grease from Toyota or Lexus. It looks like toothpaste, put the grease into the clips that sit on the carrier, as well as on both ends of the pads. The noise will be gone for good as long as you do not place the jetwash hose too close.

Thanks! If you saw my car you wouldn't be too worried about the jet-wash hose!!

Only had my IS200 sport for a couple of months, and I too get the clunking noise. Especially on full lock when reversing. Booked it in to Lexus Aberdeen on Monday, and, hope if they need to fix ball joints or calipers that it'll be done under the warranty. It is a bit annoying... eh!

Cheers

Col ;)

sounds like the pads to me, although if its happening whilst turning at slow speeds it could be the ball joints. something which i recently had replaced

had the same thing, turned out to be the caliper pin's! £25 for the pins and free to have rectified when you next change the pads.

Lexus Leeds told me there's nothing to worry about as it wont effect braking, just draw's unwanted attention to your parking ability when pulling into a spot at the supermarket!