Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Car Warranty

ACEY

I'd save your money. Looked at logically, warranties are sold by commercial companies in order to make a profit. Therefore the price of the warranty is, on average, always going to cost more than the average cost of the repairs they cover.

Overall you'll be quids in. Personally, I put £100 a month into a special savings account for the car, so when a bill does come in, it softens the blow... In the meantime I get to keep the interest earned, and in an emergency, I've still got the money if I really do need to spend it on something else. You can't cancel a warranty for credit halfway through the term!!

Try these guys get an online qutoe first

http://www.warrantywise.co.uk/

I used them when i had an MG and the company went bust cost me like 600 odd quid for 36 months.

Well worth it i thought if car goes wrong, yeah they are there to make money but not by charging more for policies than most repairs will cost.

They make money by the fact that most policies will never make a claim.

And if you sell car its a good thing as well cause you can transfer the policy over and recoup some costs in the sale, people would prefer to buy with warranty if they can after al

Well worth it i thought if car goes wrong, yeah they are there to make money but not by charging more for policies than most repairs will cost.

They make money by the fact that most policies will never make a claim.

That is exactly the same as what I said - *on average* you will always spend more on warranty payments than you would if you kept the money to pay for it yourself! And having just got a quote of about £500 for 12 months, I think I'd rather keep the money and spend it only if I have to...

£500 for 12 mths is extortionate yep fairone. £500 for 3 yrs would be better all depends what car condition mileage mods etc i spose.

All depends if willing to take the risk after all 1 small problem a year for 3 years could cost a lot of money.

Its like gambling are you willing to take the risk

Another idea go out and buy a car with a warranty lol a new car or less than 3 yr old :-)

I had a Warranty Wise policy on an E46 330i I owned and found it to be, like many others, to be wholly inadequate when I had occasion to claim. Had to fight them every inch for the claims and they were quick to dismiss them as 'wear and tear' or 'parts not specifically covered'.

They even refused to pay the cost of genuine BMW parts because I opted to pay the extra premium for Main Dealer labour rates. BMW man dealers are not going to fit anything other than genuine BMW replacement parts - and they charge accordingly. WW wanted me to source a OE equivalent part and have BMW fit that 'as it was cheaper' - an inane condition to levy. In the end I had to threaten them with Small Claims court action and even then they coughed up only 85% of the total cost...insane people stay WELL AWAY.

I ahd a sympathtic BMW main dealer who would liase with WW and try to comply with their complcuated claims procedure. On one occasion we didn;t bother claiming from WW - jsut went for a good will gesture from BMW direct to cover the costs.

You have been warned.