Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx400h Battery Run Down

I'd been away for about 3 weeks and left the RX400h safely parked in the garage with everything switched off. I was more than a bit surprised to find that it would not start when I returned as the auxilary Battery had run down (That's the 'normal' Battery to the non hybrid people).

While it started first time when I connected a booster this is worryning behavior particularly as my wife's toyota Yaris stared first time with an enthusiastic spring in its step!

I would have been seriously annoyed if this had happened in an airport car park on a wet wednesday after a long flight. Has anyone else experienced this problem and what is going on?

Very surprised to hear that. Our RX400h is now temporarily 'living' in the Algarve, and is often left on its' own in the garage for 6-8 weeks without any attention. It starts first time we come back without any hesitation.

Did you remember to leave the car in 'park mode'? If not the Battery will go flat very quickly.

Very surprised to hear that. Our RX400h is now temporarily 'living' in the Algarve, and is often left on its' own in the garage for 6-8 weeks without any attention. It starts first time we come back without any hesitation.

Did you remember to leave the car in 'park mode'? If not the battery will go flat very quickly.

It was certainly in 'park'. I have a Trackstar installed. I wonder if that draws enough current to run the Battery down?