Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Another wheel question......Would these LS430 alloys fit a 98 MK4 LS400 ? (17", offset 45, stud diameter 114)

As the tyres are 225/55/17 I'm thinking they would be close to the correct rolling radius of my current 225/60/16 standard wheels, would the increased road noise from a slighty smaller profile be minimal?

51fb_12.jpg

yep these should fit ok. if the rolling radius is more the +/- 5% then speedo indication may be wrong. road noise will be slightly more due to the lower profile and the ride might be a little harsher again due to the 55 profile on the tyre. some tyres are also prone to tramlining so chhose carefully and for *** sake dont even thing of putting budget tyres (Hankook et al) on those rims.

cheers

big sinky

Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated.

Chris, no not really interested in the bling look just exploring my options.

My front two alloys have a small amount of bubbling and as a refurb would cost around £40 a wheel + the cost of tyre removal and fitting I thought I'd explore the possibilty of updating with other wheels as the extra cost of doing so might be worth it. Really don't want to compromise the ride very much though.

Also unless I had all four original alloys refurbished I might have a finish/paint match issue with just getting two done.

Other option is finding two mint originals but they are thin on the ground and obviously most people would only want to sell a set of four usuallly with tyres which, judging by the two sets I've found so far have either the wrong or worn out tyres on.

Another wheel question......Would these LS430 alloys fit a 98 MK4 LS400 ? (17", offset 45, stud diameter 114)

As the tyres are 225/55/17 I'm thinking they would be close to the correct rolling radius of my current 225/60/16 standard wheels, would the increased road noise from a slighty smaller profile be minimal?

Hi,

you can use LS430's alloys to LS400. For tires you can use this site: http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

Last week my colleague applied LS430 18" to LS400 1998 and all is fine..

Regards,

Mariusz

Hi,

you can use LS430's alloys to LS400. For tires you can use this site: http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

Last week my colleague applied LS430 18" to LS400 1998 and all is fine..

Regards,

Mariusz

Thanks Mariusz