Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Boot Bounce Up Force Adjustment

It appears that after applying a layer of paint sealent and a number plate holder to my boot, its open mechanism hasn't got the strength to pop the boot up anymore. Does anyone know if some sort of adjustment can be made to resolve this? I have tried WD40ing the joints but no luck.

the boot isn't really designed to bounce up its just sometimes the springs that Thold it up are strong enough to lift it as well but obviously over time they become a bit weaker.

Your best bet is to fit a boot lifter kit. If you use the search button how to do it has been covered and where to get the parts you'll need.

Hope this helps

Stav

It appears that after applying a layer of paint sealent and a number plate holder to my boot, its open mechanism hasn't got the strength to pop the boot up anymore. Does anyone know if some sort of adjustment can be made to resolve this? I have tried WD40ing the joints but no luck.

If you lift the boot up by hand does it stay up or does it just fall down???Im looking at fitting a bigger spoiler on the boot soon and i might need to uprate the lifters??My boot spoiler will be up for sale if anyone interested

If you lift the boot up by hand does it stay up or does it just fall down???Im looking at fitting a bigger spoiler on the boot soon and i might need to uprate the lifters??My boot spoiler will be up for sale if anyone interested

Stays up once opened, but I'm planning to add a lip spoiler too. However, I haven't found this other thread regarding the "boot lifter kit", would anyone mind pointing me towards the right direction with this?

Mine went through that phase last year, I rubbed some talcum powder around the boot rubber and it's worked perfectly ever since.