Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I like my new IS250 but one thing that drives me up the wall is the seat belt warning, which bings as soon as I drive a little - is there any way to turn it off?

The MM system asking me to confirm that I won't use it whilst driving etc is also a pain - is there a way to turn off that confirmation?

Make sure your trip meter is on odo. Just switch on to check, change it and switch the car off.

Switch ON (Start twice without foot on brake)

When the dash comes on, press and hold trip reset for 15 seconds (count slowly). While holding the trip reset, buckle up your seatbelt. (A bit awkward)

The display will say "b on" or "b off". Press the toggle buttons you use for altering the speed circle, etc. to change it. It will beep.

Unbuckle your seat belt and turn the car off.

Geoffers

That's fantastic - I will try that thank you.

Any way of getting rid of the amber light that shows that the passenger airbag is on? That's also irritating!

thanks

I find it annoying too.

You can't disable it through software but the display unit does pop out though (The nav DVD is behind it) and you can take the lamp out, or take it out of the housing altogether and put something else in.......

I'm going to put my Roadangel display in there (Just the lcd obviously)

I'm going to put my Roadangel display in there (Just the lcd obviously)

Great idea - I would love to see a picture of that.

By the way, is there somewhere I can lookup things like that process for getting rid of the seat belt ding on the web (I don't think it's in the manual)...I want to see what else I can mess with.

thanks

Why don't you just put the seat belt on? It's the law...

Sorry - don't flame me, I'm having a Hoamer Simpson day

I do quite a lot of work of a night on large empty sites. In and out of the car testing for equipment signals, etc., driving around between the different buildings jump out, check the status, jump back in and on to the next one, it just got so annoying.

Obviously with other people/vehicles around, on the road, etc. the seatbelt is always on.

Great idea - I would love to see a picture of that.

By the way, is there somewhere I can lookup things like that process for getting rid of the seat belt ding on the web (I don't think it's in the manual)...I want to see what else I can mess with.

thanks

Just search around the net - there's nowhere particular and it varies between country.

The best thing is to just play!!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the seat belt fix, it works a treat. Is there any way I can disable the open door chime? I spend a lot of time sat around waiting for people and it annoys me that I can't sit with the door open and the stereo on without the door chime going off.