Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I am very close to buying a late Mk1 1996 GS300 Sport and could do with a little advice on what to be aware of.

The car that I am buying seems to be extremely sell kept, has over average owners but under average mileage, Lexus serviced until last year, one due now.

Are there any points that I should be aware of before commiting?

Is the standard wheel size 18 x 10 rear, or is this a desirable option?

Any advice appreciated.

I would buy it and thouroughly enjoy it. The rear wheels are a much sought after option on the sport and give the car a great stance Buy it and you will ask yourself why you didn't buy one years ago. It will be as quiet as a church house mouse and an animal when you stand on the pedal. :P

Nothing to much to worry about, other than the car had a problem with faulty front wheel ball joints and Lexus recalled them all to change the part. Worth trying to find out if yours was done. You say it needs a service? the 63k is a big one spark plugs and timing belt so expect around £500.

The 10 inch rears were a dealer fit option at time of purchase, otherwise it had the same as the fronts (8inch).

Tyres can be very expensive especially the 275x35 rears. i have found them as cheap as £150, high street tyre dealers charge over £300 each!!!!.

Always good to buy from a Lexus dealer if you can cause they come with 12 months warranty.

Hope this helps?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links