Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Trust - Greddy Turbo Kit...

Sacred

Just been trying to read up on these for the tezza and I don't get it.

What's better about the blitz supercharger and the HKS turbo besides the name?

Pro's and Con's??

I've read that a couple of members on here have had the cheaper set fitted...what has been the power increase and how is the reliability?

I always thought turbocharging was WAY out of my budget until I saw this kit. Now I can get it done after I do ALOT more research and some help from you guys...

What remap have the guys who have the greddy kit had done? I read about the Unichip piggyback system being used but is this the best way to go?

If I get the turbo done what else is advisable?

Obviously I'll be alot more knowledgable on the subject by the time it comes to getting it, which I don't plan for a while yet. I just need some starting info...

Thanks for any help guys...

theres a lot of posts about the greddy kit . its very good value for the money but some kits dont come with fmic and the manifold isnt ment to be the best quality .

ive gone the way of the power enterprise kit . its cost me about 4500 euros and comes with everything i would need for low boost .

you could upgrade ur fule pump and injectors at the same time .

i have a list on my wall of everything that can be upgraded and aprox costs .

you would be wise upgrading your cluch and flywheel at the same time . getting a power fc or simular ecu would be better then the other system.

i took about a year getting the info on the way i was going to go with my car . i ruled out the blitz kit totally as its the most expensive

take ur time read loads of posts i made one ages back when i was starting to look for all the parts . think i called it "what to do with the budget given "or simular

//edit

heres the post

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...=36349&st=0

i took about a year getting the info on the way i was going to go with my car . i ruled out the blitz kit totally as its the most expensive

I think he was talking about the Blitz supercharger Kit Elexes, you can get this for 3200 Euro delivered, which aint too bad. The trust greddy turbo kit works out at 2200 Euro approx, both including intercoolers

Where are you talking about getting the blitz supercharger from IRLR's?

I've only been looking on TDI and its like £3800 on there, would be alot more interested in it if I could get it for the price you mentioned...

I would just like to know what I will end up spending on it just for the turbo kit, and if I get the Greddy, will I need extras... I'd like to stay below the £2000 mark if I can (excluding fitting).

Which, if I get the greddy and the need for other parts isn't that high then I think is possible...

Where are you talking about getting the blitz supercharger from IRLR's?

I've only been looking on TDI and its like £3800 on there, would be alot more interested in it if I could get it for the price you mentioned...

I would just like to know what I will end up spending on it just for the turbo kit, and if I get the Greddy, will I need extras... I'd like to stay below the £2000 mark if I can (excluding fitting).

Which, if I get the greddy and the need for other parts isn't that high then I think is possible...

Hi Sacred the prices im going from are Nengun. The are on Aussie based website. The best prices i could find around. Still not sure what i will go for t/c or s/c? And what else u need to upgrade to ie clutch/flywheel exhaust etc. There will be no end to the mods i think!

Don't forget handling, coilovers, uprated anti roll bars, maybe uprated bushes..

Braking, s/s brakelines, brake pads, discs, big brake kit??

Fueling, engine management etc

Gauges , boost, EGT, oil temp, oil pressure...

The list is endless to what also can be done and (some) needs to be done also..

Have a look in my garage (click the sig). Although its for an IS 200 it'll still give you an idea of what you might need for your turbo conversion. :)

Don't forget handling, coilovers, uprated anti roll bars, maybe uprated bushes..

Braking, s/s brakelines, brake pads, discs, big brake kit??

Fueling, engine management etc

Gauges , boost, EGT, oil temp, oil pressure...

The list is endless to what also can be done and (some) needs to be done also..

Have a look in my garage (click the sig). Although its for an IS 200 it'll still give you an idea of what you might need for your turbo conversion. :)

Well for the s/c, just to get it up and running reliably, get it mapped properly, intercooler, and clutch maybe. Then later down the road the other stuff?

Yea this is what I'm hoping.

I see Zee and Mr Singh's list of engine mods and I HOPE theyre not all complete neccesities when getting t/c or s/c.

I'm aware that ideally its best to maximise efficiency with all the bits that they have, but I would hope that just to start the ball rolling the kit, intercooler, remap and clutch should sort me out. And then when I'm ready go for the other bits and bobs that will add to the spec later...

What I really want to know is that none of the bits that the t/c and s/c guys have MUST be bought when getting a kit. I can understand a remap and clutch but I can't get everything at once as I'd like to stay around £2000 or 3000~ euros on parts...

I'm still not decieded on t/c or s/c.

ATM while looking at the possibilities I think the Greddy turbo kit suits me well as it falls within the budget.

I'm not looking for 300+ bhp or anything that will involve serious tuning, more along the lines of 250-300 would be nice if its achievable. I confess I will never be a hardcore modder, but just want a little more power.

I love the car and want to keep it, and if I could get that kind of power from it I wouldnt be tempted to go for something more expensive just for a little more 'uumph' as I have been looking at S3's but to me they look boring and I like having a spacious car that can really push forward when necessary.

Because £10,000 on a audi and then 'chipping' it would be nice but that would be for power alone. Not looks, style, practicality or any of the other things I love about the altezza...

I might go for a Apexi induction kit just to keep me happy while I look up the possibilities...

The Blitz supercharger kit with optional intercooler comes with everything you need to get ur car supercharged. The clutch is definetly a recommended upgrade but not a must to get the supercharger kit installed and running. My plan as soon as i can afford it is get the s/c kit fitted mapped to run on ****ty Irish fuel, and the next pay day maybe the clutch and flywheel upgraded, then with next bit of cash manifold and cat back. Then suspension! oh my *** thats a big expensive list!!

I might go for a Apexi induction kit just to keep me happy while I look up the possibilities...

Had one of those fitted... very loud! so be warned. I had to take mine off it got so annoying after a few months. And to get proper power gains from it you should have an Apexi Neo or similar installed to be able to adjust for the increased airflow

Lol.

Can you give me the link to the cheapest place you can find the blitz s/c with intercooler?

I cant seem to find it on nengun

Would I need bigger injectors as some have said?

Also, where is a good place to get the apexi bits you mention?

I see this - http://www.tdi-plc.com/catalog/product_inf...roducts_id=3866 -

On TDI-plc but does that come with all I need? Or is it just the filter? (Picture is decieving)

Also, what is the aluminium air box about?

Where can I get the Apexi Neo? Or at least could ya explain it to me a little...? :)

Lol.

Can you give me the link to the cheapest place you can find the blitz s/c with intercooler?

I cant seem to find it on nengun

3296.40 Euro delivered to Ireland from Nengun. But you have to set up an account to register. When u do u should enter in what car u have and then it highlights in pink the parts that are compatible with you car. There is only one intercooler and one s/c kit available from them that will fit an Altezza

Would I need bigger injectors as some have said?

Dont think so, think they are only required if you have uprated internals too

Also, where is a good place to get the apexi bits you mention?

On TDI-plc but does that come with all I need? Or is it just the filter? (Picture is decieving)

Also, what is the aluminium air box about?

Where can I get the Apexi Neo? Or at least could ya explain it to me a little...? :)

Ye not sure about that could be just the filter and not the entire induction kit that you need.

A good place is for the induction kit is Takakaira. The aluminium box is used to create a heatshield around the air filter to ensure colder air is being used.

The APexi Neo is a piggyback Air/fuel controller, more info can be found here hope that helps.

I had both the induction kit and aluminium box installed on mine

Only essential extra you require when fitting a t/c or s/c is uprated clutch. Its important you uprate the chassis too, either with lowering springs and sway bars, or coilovers.

Both are TOTALLY different. You will defo have to adapt to a different style of driving with the s/c. The power delivery is savage on take off, and not smooth what so ever, If you want aggressive power s/c.... its progressive when your in a high gear on low RPMs...

@ Mr Singh

can the power delivery not be adjusted on the SC at all ???

also do you have any dyno figures after you 1st fitted the kit, interested to see how much the torque was was being produced

hows the car running by the way ??

Looking at some old posts the Blitz kit ups the torque by around 100ft/lbs - not actually sure what the standard figure is though - just looking for it now

..:: Edit ::..

Looking at Carfolio the RS200 puts out 159ft/lbs - that would make the supercharged figure ~259ft/lbs - not bad - would make an SC'd RS200 just a little bit slower off the mark than a standard Aristo :)

@ Mr Singh

also do you have any dyno figures after you 1st fitted the kit, interested to see how much the torque was was being produced

All kits are designed to be highly responsive while maintaining fuel efficiency. The Compressor unit is electronically controlled by an activation switch 3 different settings (Low, Med. and High) - allowing the car to respond to the individual's driving style.

Thanks for the info.

Mr.Singh, or anyone who can answer this:

With that kind of gain in torque what kind of 0-60 time will be acheivable?

Does anyone know the approximate torque gains achievable from the Greddy system? And what acceleration times will be like by comparison?

IRLR, damn thats a confusing site. I found the apexi section but I'm not sure exacltly what they call what I'm looking for. And can I get the aluminium box from here too??

Thanks again...

IRLR, damn thats a confusing site. I found the apexi section but I'm not sure exacltly what they call what I'm looking for. And can I get the aluminium box from here too??

Thanks again...

You need to click on the performance parts section on the home page then , Apex link on left, then suction and cooling section, Power Intake and Induction box are the 2 things your looking for. :D

Aluminium box has been discontinued... ;)

So i should be able to get a good price if i sell mine?? :P

I was gonna suggest that you sell him yours... but didn't want to put you on the spot...

With the fate of Apexi hanging by threads..... they could become a collectors item... or worthless :lol:

@ Mr Singh

Hi Rob,

You can adjust the TPS setting. If you wish to have boost come on with 20-80% throttle you can. I keep mine set @ 50%, meaning with 50% throttle at any given RPM the clutch on the s/c will engage and give you boost.

I have a power run from Thor Racing i did sometime last yr, produced around 280hp (230rwhp) with stock ECU! and injectors... This was with custom pulley to raise boost from 0.45bar to 0.6bar.

Car isn't running too well, got married recently so car took a back seat for a while.. but i'm getting it sorted soon :)

Cheers.

Thanks for the info.

Mr.Singh, or anyone who can answer this:

With that kind of gain in torque what kind of 0-60 time will be acheivable?

Does anyone know the approximate torque gains achievable from the Greddy system? And what acceleration times will be like by comparison?

Thanks again...

I would say mid 6s on 0-60... although if things are really maxed out and your running a light motor with a good chassis you could get into the high 5s...

Torque gain is 60-70ft/lbs depending on other mods. You can get more though with a HKS F-Con Pro V or Apexi Power FC ECU... This will mainly allow you to tweek the both cams unlike the camcon controller only doing the one

Aluminium box has been discontinued... ;)

So i should be able to get a good price if i sell mine?? :P

I was gonna suggest that you sell him yours... but didn't want to put you on the spot...

With the fate of Apexi hanging by threads..... they could become a collectors item... or worthless :lol:

They still do them on TDI-plc. so I could get that from there if necessary.