Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lowering Springs

I saw an Is200 SE today with eibach 30mm lowering springs and i liked the ride height

I have the sport which is 15mm lower than the SE but if i fit the same springs will i get the same ride as the SE i seen

Has the SE and Sport got same shocks etc. Is it just 15mm lowering springs on Sport as standard?

i have just came across a set of tein springs with a 35mm on front and 23 mm on the rear this might suit me better as i use my car as a family car too sometimes would i still need to get geometry done with lowering it this little?As it is i reckon my geometry is spot on at the moment.

only way to really tell is by keeping and eye on the tyre wear and how the car feels.

I had my car lowered about 18months ago and its only now that i feel it needs a geo check...

i have just came across a set of tein springs with a 35mm on front and 23 mm on the rear this might suit me better as i use my car as a family car too sometimes would i still need to get geometry done with lowering it this little?As it is i reckon my geometry is spot on at the moment.

bit weird that....i'd say the IS needs shorter springs on the rear than on the front :yawn: :duh:

what kind of money we talking to get it done and is it just lexus that can do it?

toni @ wim is the man for geometry. since he was too far for me, he gave me the settings and i took it to a chemix autocentre that he recommended in the midlands..

im up in Scotland not sure if anyone does it here then?But i guess lexus will do it

FYI, Lexus got the geo wrong in the first place thus creating the inner tyre wear problem, and dealers aren't allowed to deviate from the official settings so it will just be wrong.

Consult WIM for the stats and bring it to a garage with the facilities to make geo adjustments, or check if there is a WIM approved garage near you

In case if you don't know WIM, CLICK HERE.