Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Common Problems

Well im looking to buy a IS200 or even buy back a Altezza RS200 in half yrs time, half yr earlier than expected(thats if i dont find a lowish mileage DC2 Integra Type R).

Is there any other common problems i should know of with a IS200 stuff like CV joints or engine mounts going(common on some cars)? As a former Altezza owner i know stuff like the throttle need cleaning due to sticky throttle resulting in a jammed pedal(very scary), a Err3 on radio & CD's jamming but i be changing that anyway & wheels corroding but yet again i be changing them too & also power steerin pump leaks on Altezza RS200's not sure of UKDM is200 thouh & think i looked at a post about the ECU that need replacing?

Thanks if u can help.

hi

other than radio and wheels the only thing i can think of is the ball joints and the annoying clinky brake pads shifitng in the calipers.

i have had my IS200 for 2 years now and with over 120k on the clock no prob's.

where in Essex are you? as im also in Essex.

Aaron

Thanks, Aaron i the one that sold you that dash tray & that Cusco rear strut bar, im near Southend on Sea, now that i finished work on my 03 Mazda 323F 2.0 i just want a new car since i loved the Altezza i even settle for a UKDM is200 as the Integra DC2 is quite hard to find !

hi

other than radio and wheels the only thing i can think of is the ball joints and the annoying clinky brake pads shifitng in the calipers.

Aaron

only real problems I've had have been to do with the brakes, and stereo. Clinky brakes, clunky brakes, grindy brakes, warped brakes, safe to say the brakes are quite **** :hehe:

Only other major problem I had was with my front shocks, but I blame all the speed bumps in my area, and they weren't too dear to replace anyway.

as for the stereo, I just ripped the ***** out and stuck in an alpine :D

hi

Aaron

anything u can do to sort out the brake pads shifting in the calipers?

Thanks, Aaron i the one that sold you that dash tray & that Cusco rear strut bar,

I remember, I still got them, the dash tray is great!

http://s71.photobucket.com/albums/i158/P38Aaron/ <~~~~~~few pics of the car now :)

you have any pics of the 323?

Chandru, that i have found theres only temp fixes, the clunkyness seems to come back in time.

Aaron your is200 looks great, very simple mods !

Here some pic of my 323f which i kept simple & clean, :

DSC00851_2.sized.jpg

DSC01027_1.sized.jpg

DSC01015.sized.jpg

us.018.sized.jpg

That IS250 on 1st pic is my dads car he bought last yr !

Thanks, Aaron i the one that sold you that dash tray & that Cusco rear strut bar,

I remember, I still got them, the dash tray is great!

http://s71.photobucket.com/albums/i158/P38Aaron/ <~~~~~~few pics of the car now :)

you have any pics of the 323?

Chandru, that i have found theres only temp fixes, the clunkyness seems to come back in time.