Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Strut Braces With Tte Supercharger

Rob's Lexx

As some of you may know, i'm having the TTE supercharger fitted some time in July :D :D

Currently, i have the Prolex Katayama Strut Brace fitted to my car and i'm not 100% sure whether or not it will still fit. I don't see any reason why it shouldn't, but wondered if anybody could tell me for definite??

Cheers

Rob :)

As some of you may know, i'm having the TTE supercharger fitted some time in July :D :D

Currently, i have the Prolex Katayama Strut Brace fitted to my car and i'm not 100% sure whether or not it will still fit. I don't see any reason why it shouldn't, but wondered if anybody could tell me for definite??

Cheers

Rob :)

Rob

Not sure prolex one will fit, will see on the day, the other one that you have to cut bit out of was cusco one :D

If you look at some of the pic's from jae 2004, look at Duncans Green is200, he has the cusco fitted with TTE airbox.

I do have another cusco one with bit cut :D but i think Jamie has his eye one it :D

defeats the point of the brace if you have to cut it surely???

what about fitting spacers on the suspension mounts?

be a shame to have to get rid of it because its a really nice piece of kit!!

As i say, we can look at the brace on the day :D

Hi Rob, I was looking back through the forum some time back and trying to find out the possibility of fitting a s/b along with a s/c and it seemed to be a general "No".

I may be wrong but it may have been Bazza (?) who slapped his Cusco brace in a vice and gradually bent it until it sat perfectly on the struts and over the s/c system. He ended up with no kinks or wrinkles in the bar. Can't remember if it was Bazza though tbh.

Also, the section of the s/b that Gord is talking about slicing out - apparently if it is in a certain location it won't jepordise the integrity of the bar. As I say, this is what I have read.

All the best,

Jamie

What do you do when you cut a bit out then? Im curious as ive alwys wanted a strut brace but came to the conclusion its pretty much a no no, do you butcher the brace with an angel grinder or get a proffessional to mill it down?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links