Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Street Parking: Too Risky? (keying)

I am about to buy a nearly-new (55) IS250, but, as I walk to work, I will be leaving it outside the house nearly every day.

Reading the board history, I am worried about mindless idiots keying the car (and doing other senseless things to it), something which never happened to my (very) old car.

I have never owned a car of this prestige before. Is there anyone reading this who regularly leaves their car outside their house and _hasn't_ been keyed (etc.)?

And, does your love for your car make up for the occasional idiot? (and the potential loss of no-claims).

Thanks.

I am about to buy a nearly-new (55) IS250, but, as I walk to work, I will be leaving it outside the house nearly every day.

Reading the board history, I am worried about mindless idiots keying the car (and doing other senseless things to it), something which never happened to my (very) old car.

I have never owned a car of this prestige before. Is there anyone reading this who regularly leaves their car outside their house and _hasn't_ been keyed (etc.)?

And, does your love for your car make up for the occasional idiot? (and the potential loss of no-claims).

Thanks.

Can't say it's a problem I worry about as I've never had a car keyed in more than 30 years of driving and I've parked in some dodgy areas with both my Lexus, and previous cars including a Lotus, Lancia etc.Where are you in Swindon??? :ohmy:

Can't say it's a problem I worry about as I've never had a car keyed in more than 30 years of driving and I've parked in some dodgy areas with both my Lexus, and previous cars including a Lotus, Lancia etc.Where are you in Swindon??? :ohmy:

That's great to hear, thanks. I'd prefer not to say exactly, but the car would be overlooked by a public park.

That's great to hear, thanks. I'd prefer not to say exactly, but the car would be overlooked by a public park.

I'll keep an eye open for your 250..I live 32 miles West of you but I'm regularly traveling the A419/M4 J15 route. :) Here's mine:

is250selmm3rc5.jpglexmar221tm0.jpg

Tango - beautiful motor mate :)

I can honestly say, and maybe it's because the Lexus isn't common, those idiots that don't really know that much about cars but like to damage what they don't have themselves (do they not realise we weren't given them, and that we have to work hard week after week to keep up the payments? :blush: ) only tend to recognise the more 'common' BMW / Mercedes offerings that really seem to hit the nerve when it comes to jealousy.

My last Beemer was keyed, as was the previous. And I spent years sat at junctions :yawn:

However, the Lexus seems to command interested, quizzical and approving looks, and exiting from junctions is no longer a problem.

By my powers of deduction, and from the fact that Lexus has not been keyed (although I found someone taking a photograph of it on one occasion...) you shouldn't worry about being keyed again ;)

Go get!

- Mark

I'll keep an eye open for your 250..I live 32 miles West of you but I'm regularly traveling the A419/M4 J15 route. :) Here's mine:

is250selmm3rc5.jpglexmar221tm0.jpg

Very nice car mate where did you get those rims from I fancy me some of then

Very nice car mate where did you get those rims from I fancy me some of then

The wheels are from Ray's Wheels in Japan and imported very efficiently by http://www.funkystyling.co.uk/

Style..three piece forged in Gunmetal finish with polished rim:

Front - Volk SF-Winning 19" x 8.5" with offset +38mm £420 each

Rear - Volk SF-Winning 19" x 9.5" with offset +42mm £428 each