Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bought the new GS 6 months ago and after a few weeks, much dreaded rattle. Lexus took the car in twice within two months to fix the rattles and no joy. On that basis, I rejected the car as it is totally unsatisfactory. Lexus have agreed to replace the car for me but this is where the story begins.

1st car offered is an SE with no Sunroof which I rejected as mine has a sunroof

2nd car offered is black SE-L with cream interior which I have rejected. Mine is silver with a black trim.

3rd one offered is an SE-L, silver and black interior but has 5K miles more on the clock than mine so I rejected.

This has been going on since Jan 07 and enough is enough now. I have asked for deposit to be refunded as this will enable me buy another make and Lexus are being difficult on this saying they can find me a replacement car and cannot return my deposit. Given that it’s taken nearly 4 months to find me a car and still not getting anywhere, where do I stand with getting my deposit back?

Why not take the 3rd one? 5k miles is nothing on a Lexus and IMHO I don't think you are legally justified in rejecting over a paltry 5k miles. And they have offered you the SE-L which is the top spec. Go for it. Life is just too flipping short!!

Why not take the 3rd one? 5k miles is nothing on a Lexus and IMHO I don't think you are legally justified in rejecting over a paltry 5k miles. And they have offered you the SE-L which is the top spec. Go for it. Life is just too flipping short!!

I can see where you are coming from Cliff BUT if PQuist is anything like me he won't be happy and the SE-L is pre owned even if it was by Lexus. This experience will leave a bad taste and probably the best thing to do is go for another make for a while then try Lexus again next time.

I had a lot of problems with the wife's Galaxy as it got into it's second year. Even though I was employed by Ford at the time the dealer constanly lied to us and failed to solve the problems. Eventually I went to BBC Watchdog, one printed off e mail on the service counter resulted in the dealer rolling over and doing more than I asked.

I'd contact trading standards and Watchdog, Lexus pride themselves on a good reputation, the last thing they want is to be on TV with this sort of news. Even your local citizens advice might be able to help, they will certainly know if others have had similar problems. Even the small claims court which you can do on line can get things moving in the direction you want to go.

Absolutely, I'd say the dealer has been very accomodating and option 2 would have been enough for me. An SEL for an SE in a different colour.......

If you are rejecting the car and you bought a new one then they should give you a new one and charge you for the mileage you have done in yours - which you then counter claim with inconvenience, costs etc. Have you rejected it in writing, have they replied in writing? Have you got an independent engineers report to back up the faults? Are you prepared to take the car back and give them keys and paperwork and go out and hire a car ( and charge them at settlement ) while you wait for money to be refunded or acceptable new replacement? This is what I did for an acceptable rejection with my IS200. It took a final email the the top guys at Lexus GB ( not Customer Services ) to finally make the dealer comply.

• 2 weeks later...

I have everything in writing. As far as I am concerned, the car should be replaced with a like -for like and not a high mileage car