Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Starting Problem Is200 "engine Running After 3 Times Starting&quo

Hi all,

I have a 2003 lexus is200 manual with 60.000miles.

The car will not run sometimes when i start it... the startmotor is runnning but the engine remain dead. ( somewhat like no fuel or something.. a second try is still not runnning and always after a 3rd try the engine turn on and starts.....

the bougies Battery are replaced also the ecu has been resetted and the diagnose doesnt seems to see an error?

is this a common issue or what?

Does someone know whats wrong?

Alan

hm sorry to hear that, have you checked the sparkplugs? crankmotor running, but engine not firing up... maybe the spark plugs are worn out, need to be replaceed, or maybe you're running too rich for some reason and again th eplugs are soaked & wet... just a thought ;-)

hm sorry to hear that, have you checked the sparkplugs? crankmotor running, but engine not firing up... maybe the spark plugs are worn out, need to be replaceed, or maybe you're running too rich for some reason and again th eplugs are soaked & wet... just a thought ;-)

thanks for ur reply.. but the spark plugs has been replaced and the problem still occurs :(

the starter tries to start the engine but the engine does not want to fire up and turn out like he is tired... :(

could be a coil pack? have you looked at a spark plug after trying to start it?

fuel pump or filter? type of fuel...how long has this been happening...after Tesco fuel problem?

had the ecu been reset before the diagnostics?

a bad earth somewhere.

when it does start, does it run ok? performance? does it hesitate?

could be a coil pack? have you looked at a spark plug after trying to start it?

fuel pump or filter? type of fuel...how long has this been happening...after Tesco fuel problem?

had the ecu been reset before the diagnostics?

a bad earth somewhere.

when it does start, does it run ok? performance? does it hesitate?

dealer has checked it several times but could not find the source of this problem.

i have used different kind of fuels and the ecu has been reset after the diagnostics..

when it starts it does run ok and normal without any problems :(

it might be a coilpack, fuelpump or injector problem

i hope that lexus cant solve this problem :( its kinda stupid when a lexus wont start :S